Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7,664 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was watching a very entertaining episode of Top Gear from last year in which they decided which were the worst 10 cars of all time, and one of them, the Citroen Pluriel, reminded me of our coupes but worse.

The Citroen also has a top that can be removed....and has to be left behind, or carted behind tou in a trailer or truck. I couldn't find a Youtube clip, but here is a clip of how the car has the top disassembled.

If you were wondering, they voted the Lexus SC 420 as worst car ever - the episode is well worth watching if you can find it.

They also did a segment on the Toyota GT86 (marketed here as the Subaru BRZ and Scion FR-S) and thought it was brilliant and more fun than anything they'd driven in that segment for a long time.

·
Premium Member
686 Posts
Incredible engineering. Gotta give credit where it's due.

That said, I too remember that Top Gear episode. They ran into the problem of what to do with the roof rails after taking them off. lol... Just drove around with them sitting on Richard Hammond's lap. :D

·
Registered
728 Posts
Whew, I sure am glad you didn't say the Saturn Sky...:D

·
Registered
7,664 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Bill, remember the Citroen with the "cow tongue" steering wheel?
French cars tend to be...weird!

The Citroens not only had a single attachment spoke for the steering wheel, the brake 'pedal' was just a bump on the floor - the driver's manual said you needed to 'manipuler le champignon' to slow down (push the mushroom).

·
Registered
69 Posts
From many French experiences I had in my earlier years the one I still vividly remember is the Renault 4 shifter. Now that's different.
And speaking of GT86/Scion FRS/Subaru BRZ, this was a serious contender for My Next Car.
But after I sold one of my bikes, funds were insufficient so I had to "settle" for a pristine preowned Solstice at half the price.
But they got this right: RWD FTW!
Kris

1 - 7 of 7 Posts