Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,263 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 2007 gxp solstice with very low miles. i dont drive all that fast so is worth my while to chip the car out.
thanks

·
Registered
6,944 Posts
Do some research on the site.

There is no such thing as 'chipping' a Solstice, they don't use PROMs. You reprogram the computer.

There are many threads on exactly that question. Go find them and THEN if you still have questions, get back to us and we'll see if we can help.

This is a community of car enthusiasts; it is not a service for people too lazy to make even a small effort to look things up for themselves. Not trying to be hard assed about this, but I/we do get tired of people expecting to have it all served up to them like this was McDonalds.

·
Administrator
9,252 Posts

There is no such thing as 'chipping' a Solstice, they don't use PROMs. You reprogram the computer.

There are many threads on exactly that question. Go find them and THEN if you still have questions, get back to us and we'll see if we can help.

This is a community of car enthusiasts; it is not a service for people too lazy to make even a small effort to look things up for themselves. Not trying to be hard assed about this, but I/we do get tired of people expecting to have it all served up to them like this was McDonalds.
Ease up! If he had done a search on 'chipping' he would not have foundtheanswerhe was looking for. If you don't want to help new members then perhaps just don't read their questions. Most all of us who first started in the forum nearly 8 years ago had never been on one before. Maybe you had lots of experience, but there is nothing wrong with a new member asking a question that may or may not have been answered before.

Thank you Rob for pointing a new member in the right direction!

·
AKA SolWhat?
10,480 Posts
I thought the OP was concerned about some form of paint protection for the front of his car, so that his paint didn't get chipped. No? :dunno:

·
AKA SolWhat?
10,480 Posts

Bill,

I try to give new members here the benefit of the doubt for their first couple of questions. Some people are just not very efficient with a search engine, especially if they are new to the forum and haven't developed the lingo yet.

RTE has been handling this situation nicely with some well thought out responses.

We were all rookies here once upon a time.

:cool:

·
Administrator
9,252 Posts
I thought the OP was concerned about some form of paint protection for the front of his car, so that his paint didn't get chipped. No? :dunno:

I believe the question had to do with those "increase HP" chips, as he did say 'if you don't drive that fast'.

·
AKA SolWhat?
10,480 Posts
I believe the question had to do with those "increase HP" chips, as he did say 'if you don't drive that fast'.
"If you don't drive that fast", then you don't need to worry about chips in your paint either . . . (it was an attempt at a bit of humor on an otherwise almost snowy day in Wisconsin.) (Maybe I should have used a ;) instead of a :dunno: )

·
Administrator
9,252 Posts
"If you don't drive that fast", then you don't need to worry about chips in your paint either . . . (it was an attempt at a bit of humor on an otherwise almost snowy day in Wisconsin.) (Maybe I should have used a ;) instead of a :dunno: )
Gottcha :thumbs:

·
Super Moderator
16,393 Posts
Wisconsin? Snow?

Hard to imagine.

We recently had over 12 inches of snow in my neighborhood. They did not even go to late opening for the schools.

I work with people in D.C. area. If they get 2 inches of snow they huddle in their homes in front of their fireplaces praying for the great thaw.

Pretty funny contrast.:lol:

·
AKA SolWhat?
10,480 Posts
Wisconsin? Snow?

Hard to imagine.

We recently had over 12 inches of snow in my neighborhood. They did not even go to late opening for the schools.
There is a reason for the order in which these two are parked. That's where the tractor/blower gets put when we are expecting a bit of the white stuff. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Attachments

·
AKA SolWhat?
10,480 Posts
Question: What can an Administrator, Moderator, and a couple of long time Supporters of this forum manage to do to an unwary new poster's new thread?

Answer: Totally hijack and derail it.

To the OP: I apologize, please read Rob's reply, #4. He's given you a lot of homework there, but they are all very worthwhile reads and great leads to you in answering your original question.

Enjoy, and welcome to this storehouse of Solstice knowledge.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.