Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought my solstice about a month ago and I’m not really a fan of the headlight shape, are there any eyelids that would give it these looks that i edited? and would black vinyl wrap work?

·
Registered
7,206 Posts
Do yourself a favor and just black out the bezels, search for how to blackout headlights. If you want to take it further consider installing HIDs and black out all chrome trim rings. Since you have a black car the the HIDs will fade into the black bezel and you won't even see the headlights until you turn them on.

·
Registered
6,995 Posts
As Shabby said, your designs will block a bunch of light coming from the headlights. You have two options, (1) modify to HID lights and then add vinyl eyelids - making sure not to cover the (now smaller) beam source; (2) Get the available fiberglass eyelids like wmf246 showed (or replicate in vinyl).

You'll also need to polish off the UV degradation on your lenses.

·
Premium Member
1,275 Posts
If you just want to try something temporary, you can get a spray can of plasti-dip at Lowes for about six bucks. Spray it on and if you don't like it, peel it off and no harm done.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I see, I will definitely try the temporary option to see what it would look like at night and keep you updated, and the outcome of that will decide whether I modify to HID. I found a few pictures of people doing the aggressive style headlight but they aren’t covering the bulb like my wrap ideas were

·
Registered
6,842 Posts
Evil indeed - is lacking only the Snidely Whiplash moustache below the grille!

Be careful, though - most jurisdictions have laws that regulate changes that may affect lighting performance and if you get stopped for speeding, and get a ticked off cop, you may have just added another ticket to the harvest (or another reason for him to stop you in the first place.

·
Registered
5,305 Posts
Yeah, go "temporary". Just don't be like the youngster that tinted his headlights and then asked the forum if anyone had any ideas to fix them because they were too dark.... lol

1 - 13 of 13 Posts