Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Let's say my Solstice doesn't arrive until after the first of the year. Would it be a 2006? Could GM raise the base price if your car isn't delivered until next year even if a deposit was left on the car?

·
Registered
3,512 Posts
Check out this thread started by Small Dealer, regarding some recent price increases on options that went into effect back in mid-September, http://www.solsticeforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5287

From my understanding of the discussion, it is possible that you could have price protection for the prices that are in effect at the time that your order is entered into the VOMS system by your dealer, but only if the car is ordered specifically under your name, and you are the one to take actual delivery when the car comes in.

Now I don't know if this is a general policy that would apply for all future price increases, or if it only applies for certain selected price increases as determined by GM. Perhaps Small Dealer or Cricket could let us know.

Oh, and yeah, production of Model Year 2006 Solstices will more than likely continue until June or July of 2006, so a car produced after the first of the year will still be a 2006 model.

·
Premium Member
8,901 Posts
OZ40 said:
Let's say my Solstice doesn't arrive until after the first of the year. Would it be a 2006? Could GM raise the base price if your car isn't delivered until next year even if a deposit was left on the car?
All Sols are already 2006 MY cars.

·
5,641 Posts
Great answer dengel. Just will add that there is no provision in the Price Protection Policy to carry over to a new model year. ie if not built as a 2006 model, reorder as a 2007 model.

Bonzo Audit Scorecard :)
Defend Dealership: No Critical Dealership: No
Defend GM: No Critical GM: No
Provide Infomation: Yes
Answer Question: No
General Conversation: No

1 - 4 of 4 Posts