Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Google on "aluminum fuel door" for typical application pics.

Would you put one on? I dunno...To my eyes, on cars with the fuel doors behind the rear wheel it looks good (Stang, Eclipse), but on cars with fuel doors ahead of the rear wheel (Corvette), I don't like.

With the chrome handles, and other silver accents on the Solstice, do you think this will look good, or too busy?

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
Nope, don't like it. I don't really want to see where the gas goes in. I would like it better if the fuel door was totaly flush, and didn't even have the finger hole, but rather a remote release. I guess that's a bit much to ask for 20k though.

·
Registered
61 Posts
I personally don't like them, but it may look good. When I eventually get my solstice, I will be leaving the appearance totally stock, probably wouldn't even put dual exhaust on it, unless I get the Mallett. Even then i would prolly want to hide the second tip somewhere.

·
Premium Member
4,041 Posts
I put a chrome fuel door on my Miata but it sits on top of the rear quarter panel by the antenna mast. I don't think I will put one on my Sol, I think it would look out of place due to it being on the side of the quarter panel.

·
Premium Member
10,407 Posts
NO NO NO, it does not go at all with this car, and yes a remote fuel door would be a good thing, and there are cars that fully loaded cost less than the SOL(base price) and have a remote GAS door. Maybe GM will add that feature in the 2007 model.

·
5,600 Posts
:brentil:

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
Don't forget your willow stick!

LBJay said:
Remote? The way it looks, you can probably reach back and open the fuel door while still in the seat.
My step father had an MG TD. You could easily remove the gas cap while seated. He would then take a willow stick from behind the seats and dip it in the fuel tank to check the level.

I did laugh out loud when I read your post :lol:

·
Registered
118 Posts
Not a chance. I just haven't liked it on anything and I definitely don't think it will work on a clean lined car such as the Solstice. I might put one on my Wrangler...behind the flip down licsense plate, if I paint it black ;)
It's just not my style.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Nah.... Not for me. To each his own though.

·
Mod Emeritus
7,468 Posts
I don't think it would go with the car. I think it would detract from the profile appearance of the car and its graceful lines, as it would attract your vision right to the fuel door. On this car, it should certainly blend in and not stick out!

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
They have them on the Audi TT, looks OK because they are going for the Art Deco machine age look.

But not for the Solstice.

·
Registered
1,844 Posts
Personally, I like the look. But I'd have to go with the few shown that lock. Giving access to the gas tank's precious contents to any passerby is something that is a real pain. Not having a simple mechanical remote latch on the door is another place where GM is way behind the competition. Doesn't an Alevo have one?

·
Registered
198 Posts
I was close to buying a "previously enjoyed" TT, but decided to wait for the Solstice. As a result, I really like the look of the aluminum gas cap with screws etc. Can one of you talented photochop geniuses whip up a picture for us of how it might look?

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
The Batman said:
Google on "aluminum fuel door" for typical application pics.

Would you put one on? I dunno...To my eyes, on cars with the fuel doors behind the rear wheel it looks good (Stang, Eclipse), but on cars with fuel doors ahead of the rear wheel (Corvette), I don't like.

With the chrome handles, and other silver accents on the Solstice, do you think this will look good, or too busy?
For our Canadian neighbors its spelled and pronounced "alu-min-ium".

Please don't do any of these to the Solstice. :leaving:

·
Registered
198 Posts
Hey - thanks for the spelling/pronounciation lesson. You'll have to forgive us - up here it's all igloos and snow, and writing with thick mittens on (made from seals we just bashed on the head) makes for difficult penmanship/keyboard accuracy. So again, many thanks from all of us in the tundra.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Maybe, but I would really have to see an example. I am planning to up some chrome rims on my Black Solstice, so it may just fall in line with the general theme that I am creating.

:cool:

·
Premium Member
5,206 Posts
Danno said:
Hey - thanks for the spelling/pronounciation lesson. You'll have to forgive us - up here it's all igloos and snow, and writing with thick mittens on (made from seals we just bashed on the head) makes for difficult penmanship/keyboard accuracy. So again, many thanks from all of us in the tundra.
:lol:

And don't forget about dodging the moose with your dogsleds... harder than heck to write whil shoutin "yee" and "haw"!!!

1 - 20 of 34 Posts