Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just read the rantings of the terribly misnamed HappyDave. He has been banned for his attacks on other members.

Please send me a pm in the future if you come across something like this before I see it.

It may be close to the time that we need to add more firepower (moderators). If we start getting the trolls we'll need to make sure we have enough mod power to have one on site at all times.

·
Registered
58 Posts
This is the first board I have been a part of...lost in space I guess... so next time I will. But it is good to know that your there and watching! Thanks!

·
4,592 Posts
KUDOS! KUDOS! KUDOS! KUDOS! KUDOS! KUDOS! KUDOS!

Can't say that enough, thanks you Troy. I had noticed S-MAn has not been on for several hours, or I'm sure he would have banished this guy just as fast!

There are a few more in that thread as well if I'm correct!

Our regular forum members thank you :patriot

·
4,592 Posts
Troy, often forums have have "report this post" buttons, is this possible. If it were, you and S-Man would have gotten a LOT of messages.

If not, PMs are the recommended way of reporting. should we PM you nd S-Man?

RODEO

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have my eye on one or two others from that thread as well. The trolls will always come. All we can do is whack them down like in that kid's mole whacking game. :lol

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'll see about setting up the report this post functionality.

A PM to myself and SM would be a good idea. I am not always at a computer where I can pick up my email from the site. I can always get a PM though.

·
4,592 Posts
Troy Roberts said:
I have my eye on one or two others from that thread as well. The trolls will always come. All we can do is whack them down like in that kid's mole whacking game. :lol
I've got a bunch of hammers out back, if you know what I mean :glol

·
Registered
154 Posts
RODEO said:
Troy, often forums have have "report this post" buttons, is this possible. If it were, you and S-Man would have gotten a LOT of messages.

RODEO
There is a report bad post link in the left column. It is the red triangle with the black line in it below their avatar. I assume this works.

·
4,592 Posts
waiting said:
There is a report bad post link in the left column. It is the red triangle with the black line in it below their avatar. I assume this works.
Thanks you!

Perhaps it could be worded out next to the icon, I wonder how many of know it's there, seems even Troy wasn't aware of it (no offense Troy)

RODEO

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
waiting said:
Yep. That's it. I read the above and thought that I must have turned it off on this site. Guess not. :)

·
Registered
2,153 Posts
waiting said:
Hey! You're right. I just tried it out and reported your post.

haha! :glol (I'm kidding, of course)

Thanks, Troy, for keeping the forum under control.

·
4,592 Posts
TRoy, how doe a "report bad post" get to you and/or S-man and/or othr moderators, is it a PM?

R

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
It comes as an email. I'm not sure if I can modify it to go as a PM or not. I've never played around with that much. I'll test it out and see what I find.

·
Premium Member
8,901 Posts
RODEO said:

RODEO
Yeah, as was mentioned the little triangle with the exclamation mark is the report bad post icon. I've been using it to let my disgust be known since SNYPER started this type of stuff. :brentil

Personally I think we've been pertty lucky so far to have the number of trolls on the forum equal less then the fingers on my right hand. But as the car finally comes into the public eye I really expect we'll see more and more over time.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Yeah, I'm kinda curious if you can tell us - - was that really Bob Lutz? Regardless, I thought the "God" response to him was pretty funny. Oh, and Bob, if you're watching: the Fiero people are starting to plan our 25th anniversary... please contact us at www.cfogi.org

·
Registered
667 Posts
palmer said:
Thanks Troy!! But please don't ban Bob Lutz!
I disagree. He and God need to hit the highway. It may look harsh to ban God, but somehow I think it will be OK. :blueangel I don't think using false names, or someone elses name is appropriate or even funny.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts