Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
3,963 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if anyone here has an obsession/passion for wrist watches? I have always had a passion for them, but never really owned one over $150. And usually only owned 2 or 3 cheaper ones at a time. I now own several "better" ones and have several more coming....UGH! It's like my Hot Wheels addiction used to be!

·
Premium Member
3,120 Posts

·
Registered
7,201 Posts
The only wrist watch obsession I have is finding a Skagen Solstice watch. As far as wrist watches go, I fail to understand why some of them have gotten so large that it looks like you are walking around with a wall clock on your wrist.

·
Registered
3,963 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Chop, get me a pic of the Solstice Skagen. Without advertising here, I belong to a new watch of the month club (unfortunately for me its more like a watch every 2 weeks club)and they have some pretty different things. But with it comes the ability to trade any type of watch. I've seen a few Skagen. I can ask and make a trade/buy it if someone has it. I'll see what's out there for ya!

·
Premium Member
3,120 Posts
Chop, get me a pic of the Solstice Skagen. Without advertising here, I belong to a new watch of the month club (unfortunately for me its more like a watch every 2 weeks club)and they have some pretty different things. But with it comes the ability to trade any type of watch. I've seen a few Skagen. I can ask and make a trade/buy it if someone has it. I'll see what's out there for ya!
Pictures of the two Solstice Skagan watches i have are in the link I posted. I doubt you will find them. I searched for years. I know of these two and one that got away from me on an EBay auction. Have not seen anymore, anywhere.

·
Registered
6,838 Posts
Yes, although I am not actively collecting any more, I did for many years (and have a couple of hundred watches to prove it).

I have probably about 8 or so that I regularly wear (Omega Seamaster Pro today).

Now ask me about fountain pens - about double the number compared to watches! And yes, I do use a lot of them.

Here is a 1950s Omega I use

and a couple of Waterman FP I use beside some vintage Le Coultre watches.

·
Registered
7,201 Posts
The thing that sucks the most is that when I bought a 1st 1000, the owner told me he would give me everything, come to find out he kept the Skagen watches, the Solstice pen, and the 1st 1000 die cast. After bugging him umpteen times he finally admitted his daughter wanted to kept the stuff for sentimental reasons. Lesson learned, always inspect everything before handing over money.

·
Registered
3,963 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well...I tried. Nobody has ever even seen one. And if I was going to find one, this would have been the group that would know where to find one.

·
Registered
7,201 Posts

·
Registered
3,963 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Some of my new "toys".

Attachments

·
Registered
6,838 Posts
Some of my new "toys".
The Glycine has a nice classic look to it - much better than the many versions of action watches they also produce. Which model is that?

My daily watch is this one:

Made back in the 1990s, it is an Omega Seamaster Pro, a bit unusual in that it is done in titanium with links and bezel done in tantalum and 18K rose gold - a bit flashy by Omega standards, and originally priced prohibitively, so not many sold, but not as rare as Solstice coupes.

One of the hardest watches to photograph - in reality the bezel and central links (between the gold bars) are a darker more matte shade of gray than the titanium body, but that rarely shows

·
Registered
3,963 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Nice Omega!!! There was a guy in this watch club looking for a SeaMaster. My daily has been either a Samsung S2 smartwatch (when I'm on the road doing installs so I don't have to carry my phones) or a Citizen Eco_Drive.

My Glycine is model # GL0121. We'll see what I get this month in this club. Last month I got a Virata 1.1....ugly watch!!! I traded for the Glycine. If this month is just as bad, I'll save my $300/mth and do my own watch buying. Then I won't have to worry about getting something I don't like or want.

·
Registered
6,838 Posts
I found I didn't want to travel with the good Omega so I picked up a stainless steel and yellow gold quartz version I could toss in a drawer and take out and use for trips.

Keeps good time even if I don't look at it for a year.

·
Registered
3,963 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
So this was my watch I got this month...

Attachments

1 - 20 of 30 Posts