Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
849 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
looks like I may have to, was trying to save some $$, dont quite have enough now to buy it new then pay someone to have it painted.

·
Registered
3,609 Posts
As soon as you order one one will turn up in the color you want...

Isn't that the way it always works? :lurk:

·
Registered
849 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
@slybob: it sure is, hahaa

@reddevil: I actually like the way it looks, although ive never seen it in person, it looks good (to me) in pictures. I have checked ebay, I know the price isnt that bad, but I feel like it would cost almost as much as the spoiler itself to have it painted.

·
Premium Member
4,262 Posts
Jesse : Have you considered a spoiler from a Cobalt SS .I know that some people on the forum have them on their cars and they look pretty good . There is one for sale on Ebay used that's red they want $105 for it with free shipping and it's located in Ohio .The problem with a prepainted piece is the color match I know I bought a prepainted hood once and the color was a shade off so I ended up having it repainted something to consider but you might get lucky with a used piece .

·
Premium Member
4,262 Posts
Not that one/ Go to Ebay motors get on the parts and accessories site :type in Cobalt SS spoiler : there are two that I found right off the bat :item 11 and item 20 I'm sure there are more

·
Premium Member
4,262 Posts
Jesse : From what I can see they look the same the only issue I have with the second one is that it is not an original it's a repro if you like the look go for it the only thing that I could dig up was that there was a difference between a 2 door and a 4 door (?).One thing that you have to take into account with this spoiler is that it has fresh paint on it and because of normal paint fade you may end up a shade off

·
Registered
849 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Hey guys, so I went ahead and purchased a spoiler. My question now is, will I be able to use double sided 3m tape instead of drilling? I want this as a permanent solution, will this be a permanent solution? If so, can someone point me in the right direction as to which tape to buy, thank you guys! Pictures coming soon!

·
Premium Member
4,262 Posts
Jesse : Glad you found a spoiler what did you end up with? If you are going with the tape route go to an auto paint supply store and get the 3M stuff .A couple of years ago I had a Buick Roadmaster wagon and replaced all the rubber moldings on the side trim and I could not get this stuff to stay on .A friend of mine who owns a body shop told me about this stuff so I bought a roll (not cheap 30 bucks ) it's the same stuff the manufacturers use and never had anymore problems.You have to make sure your surface is clean so you want to wash it with a good dishwashing soap to remove any grease or wax then wipe it off with a towel soaked in rubbing alcohol . If you have anymore questions email me.

·
Registered
7,476 Posts
Make sure its Automotive 3M double sided tape. While I'd hate to drill holes I do have to wonder if tape is strong enough to hold on a wing like spoiler?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts