Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
18,091 Posts
Your ask is a little confusing. The dash is the part that goes side to side in the front top of the cockpit. On the drivers side the boomarang mounts onto the dash panel. The dash is plastic with a textured surface. The boomarang is generally silver/gray and can be painted any color you wish

·
Premium Member
2008 Pontiac Solstice GXP - Mysterious (with unkown origin blue sparkle in rear bumper cover paint)
3,371 Posts
There is a rare “black” boomerang but it is not a tru black. I found a used one and tried to clean it up ended painting it black as I was dissatisfied with the “black” as it was.
Here are a couple photos when I got it.
And last is a photo after I painted it.
Wood Material property Gas Tints and shades Rim
Wood Wood stain Hardwood Auto part Fixture
Speedometer Vehicle Car Steering part Motor vehicle

·
Premium Member
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Your ask is a little confusing. The dash is the part that goes side to side in the front top of the cockpit. On the drivers side the boomarang mounts onto the dash panel. The dash is plastic with a textured surface. The boomarang is generally silver/gray and can be painted any color you wish
Thanks for clearing that up, didn’t know what it was called

·
Premium Member
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
There is a rare “black” boomerang but it is not a tru black. I found a used one and tried to clean it up ended painting it black as I was dissatisfied with the “black” as it was.
Here are a couple photos when I got it.
And last is a photo after I painted it. View attachment 121732 View attachment 121734 View attachment 121735
yep, been looking around probs gonna have to do the same thing to mine. I’m thinking of more a dark gray tho but whats that red strip there? It looks sick

·
Registered
7 Posts
Had a similar thought- found a big black leather piece and was thinking of doing spray adhesive + boomerang at some point in the future. Wasn't sure if anybody had gone that route.

·
Premium Member
2008 Pontiac Solstice GXP - Mysterious (with unkown origin blue sparkle in rear bumper cover paint)
3,371 Posts
yep, been looking around probs gonna have to do the same thing to mine. I’m thinking of more a dark gray tho but whats that red strip there? It looks sick
It’s a red leather string I glued on to the existing line in the plastic and then clear coated the whole thing with multiple coats.

·
Premium Member
3,371 Posts
This is one of the most common mods that have been done and there is a lot of info on it here if you search.
Here is my particular thread on the topic.

·
Premium Member
3,371 Posts
A lot of people also hydrodip as an alternative.
There are stick on dash kits available as well.
I had a carbon fiber look dash kit on my first solstice years ago but was a little too glossy for a convertible (sunlight!) for my tastes.
Good luck and post pics if you go there :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts