Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Looking to see what's out there. Trying to get into SCCA club racing and would be awesome to start out racing a Solstice. Must be a manual car. Looking for something on the cheaper end as I would have to cage it, racing seat, harness, and all that other stuff that is going to run up costs. Perfer a GXP but can be N/A, just means different classes to race in.

Also interested in a car that is already set up. Of course price on this can be a bit higher. If you know of any, let me know.

Thanks

·
Registered
155 Posts
I saw a N/A for $6,000

I live in Tallahassee Florida and saw a Black N/A with 169,000 miles on it for sale for $6,000. I don't think it has been advertised. It has been setting in front of a Maco paint shop for over a month with a for sale sign on it. Bet you could get a deal on it.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Right now it looks like I might have a lead on an N/A that's race ready. Going to give it some time and see what happens with it and see what else is out there.

I think you're right, I bet a good deal could be had on that one in Florida. After some time passes if I haven't found something better, I might have you get a phone number for me assuming it's still there by then.

·
Registered
4,886 Posts
If your looking for something to "convert", look for a salvage titled car. They will be way less expensive. Or look for one with 150k+ on it. You could probably pick up a salvage titled car that wouldn't need too much work to be race ready.

·
Premium Member
17,531 Posts
I live in Tallahassee Florida and saw a Black N/A with 169,000 miles on it for sale for $6,000. I don't think it has been advertised. It has been setting in front of a Maco paint shop for over a month with a for sale sign on it. Bet you could get a deal on it.
LOL

The owner probably saw the poor quality of the Maaco work and told them to keep it rather than pay for crap:thumbs:

·
Premium Member
10,475 Posts
I thought someone was advertising one here for less than $6000.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I saw that, it's a GXP in Maryland but it's an auto. If I was looking for one I'd snatch it up, but being I need a stick, I don't think it's worth it by the time you spend the money to convert it over.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts