Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Want to buy a cold air intake for a 07 GXP.

The car is bone stock so im also looking for a few more power upgrades intercooler piping, intercooler, downpipe, Tune, etc. I have an HKS SSQ bov but still searching for the proper way to set it up.

txt. price 956-465-3708

Lex

·
Registered
245 Posts
A cai (cold air intake) will not get you anymore power. Some have argued that there is some top end gain (they breath easier, they say). You WILL hear more intake & turbo noise:thumbs: I run a dejon cai with a K&N filter. I haven't had any problems, but some have had some fouling of the MAF sensor from oiled filters:cryin: Just some info to think about. Good luck:willy:

·
Registered
432 Posts
I had a Dejon CAI on my car and took it off because I noticed a decrease in performance after installing it. From what I have read it was likely caused by the MAF location and air turbulence caused by the CAI. I ended up reinstalling the stock box with a K&N drop in filter but modified it by cutting off the front end baffling to increase airflow. This also increased the noise (though not quite to the level of the CAI) and seems to help in the higher RPM without causing the turbulence issues, not to mention it saves you some $, it is basically a free mod.

If you absolutely must get a CAI (you are doing it for the look) only get the GMPP or the K&N CAI do not get any others. Hope that helps.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Want to buy a cold air intake for a 07 GXP.

The car is bone stock so im also looking for a few more power upgrades intercooler piping, intercooler, downpipe, Tune, etc. I have an HKS SSQ bov but still searching for the proper way to set it up.

txt. price 956-465-3708

Lex
Adding bolt ons will not increase your power. It will for a short time untill the ecu will 'learn down' back to stock numbers. To increase power a downpipe, exhaust, intercooler, and tune is the way to go. Intake has been a huge topic on power increase. I didn't notice any power with mine. Bit it sounds and looks sweet. ')

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

1 - 4 of 4 Posts