Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
One of our vendors used to sell knee pads that mounted to the side of the console. I have a prosthetic leg and it tends to rub against the console and scratch both the console and my prosthesis. There is a company called Zeta products on the Web that sells some that look like them.
http://www.zetaproducts.net/pontiacsolsticesaturnskyconsolekneepad.aspx

I just wondered if anybody has any of the originals - or if someone knows if the ones from Zeta are the same ones. Maybe they bought up stock from the original maker? Let me know.

·
AKA SolWhat?
10,607 Posts
I'm pretty sure the console mounted knee pads were done by a vendor called JPM. While they no longer support this forum, maybe they can still help you out.

:dunno:

·
Premium Member
3,386 Posts
I'm pretty sure the console mounted knee pads were done by a vendor called JPM. While they no longer support this forum, maybe they can still help you out.

:dunno:

:agree: I have one from JPM and am very happy with it. Give them a call and they will sometimes make you one custom.:thumbs:

·
Premium Member
790 Posts
I bought one from a forum member and it was quite thick...I am thinking almost an inch. I did not like it because of that. I took it to the vocational school I used to teach at and had my machinist buddies cut it down to about 1/4" or 3/8" thick. Mounted it with velcro. Soft stuff on the console, the "toothy" stuff on the back of the pad. Quite honestly, the soft velcro works better for me...not even using the pad itself now.

I just looked at your Zetaproducts link and it appears to be the same...maybe thicker. I would think if your knee was actually on the pad, it would put your knee too close to the steering column and your hanging keys. Maybe mounted lower to rest your lower leg against?

·
Premium Member
4,902 Posts
hmmm... I might have to consider this...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts