Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I snapped off the top of a door lock pull. Unfortunately there is no way a hockey bag will fit in our rear glove box.

I like the look of the lil' chromies though with shipping it gets to be too pricey through some supported vendors.

Anyone find an alternative that will fit? I'd like a flush pin so the door panel can come off easier. And something in a charcoal / gunmetal I think would look good as well.

Open to any suggestions on if any others have made something work.

·
Registered
7,146 Posts
I got a pair of lil' chromies look-alikes off ebay (used). I think they were for a Mustang (but that may not be true) and they were shiny chrome, but I fixed that by turning them on a drill and using some wire wool and oil to 'satinise' them. I also had to drill them out a bit to fit over our posts, but they were brass-cored so that was easy.

Glued them onto the posts just the same as you have to do with lil' chromies.

·
Premium Member
3,198 Posts
I bought the little chromies and I love them but with shipping they were expensive. I have the original stock pair if you are interested Doctor?:thumbs:

·
Registered
834 Posts
I got these recently:

They are apparently for a 4th gen VW Golf/Jetta . . . billet aluminum with the 3 rubber rings for a little more grip. I got 4 of them, shipped to Toronto, for under $20, or about $5 less than just the price of 2 chromies from Kappasphere. And I got 4 of them.

·
Premium Member
3,198 Posts
Those look really cool Carbon Sky!!!:thumbs:

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Thanks guys, Carbon did you need to drill out either the pin or the pin hole in the door panel to get them to work? What did you do with the other two ;) ?

Thanks Gareth, are they in okay shape after pulling them to put on the chromies? How much did you want for them?

·
Premium Member
3,198 Posts
Thanks guys, Carbon did you need to drill out either the pin or the pin hole in the door panel to get them to work? What did you do with the other two ;) ?

Thanks Gareth, are they in okay shape after pulling them to put on the chromies? How much did you want for them?
Yes, they look just fine. How does $10.00 sound? If you have any problems with them I will take them back and refund your 10 bucks.

·
Registered
834 Posts

They were really snug, but did fit and did work. I felt a little uncomfortable with how tight they were, so I enlarged it by literally less than 1mm.

I have the other 2 somewhere in my garage. I can keep an eye out for them, but honestly, at less than $20 shipped to my door in less than a week, I'd say just buy them online if you want the ones I have. You'll get them a hell of a lot sooner:leaving::thumbs:

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Gareth, sold!

TS, I've seen a ton of the pull locks on ebay but when I read your post about drilling out the pin I started think about diameters and lengths for the various ones out there. Looks like the VW ones are a close fit. I'm curious if any others have been found to work well.

These PT cruiser ones look like they have a nylon core, which might work well with our posts.

PT CRUISER BILLET ALUMINUM DOOR LOCK PULLS NEW SET OF 4 | eBay

·
Registered
834 Posts
I wouldn't worry about it. Most of these have a plastic core that makes it essentially "universal". They tend to err on the side of too wide, so that if it is too wide, you can just add a little silicone if you want the option of removing it in the future, and epoxy, if you don't.

·
Premium Member
3,198 Posts
Gareth, sold!

TS, I've seen a ton of the pull locks on ebay but when I read your post about drilling out the pin I started think about diameters and lengths for the various ones out there. Looks like the VW ones are a close fit. I'm curious if any others have been found to work well.

These PT cruiser ones look like they have a nylon core, which might work well with our posts.

PT CRUISER BILLET ALUMINUM DOOR LOCK PULLS NEW SET OF 4 | eBay
Ok... They are yours then. Will PM you my coordinates.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts