Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,386 Posts
I'm looking for the factory Monsoon 6-disc CD radio for my 07. Let me know if you have one. Thanks, Ian
I will have one in about three weeks or so. I am replacing mine with an aftermarket unit. Mine is from my 2007 GXP. She has a black gloss dash kit piece on it which I can include or remove. It will come off with no marks or damage. You can PM with an offer if interested.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,386 Posts
Can i buy your leather boomerang thingy
Not for sale. Just have the radio head unit for sale. As I mentioned will be replacing / upgrading with an aftermarket head unit.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Northern Sol, but it looks like yours is a single disc radio. I rarely ever use CDs, but I don't know how compatible the single CD radio is with the Monsoon system.

·
Premium Member
3,386 Posts
Thanks Northern Sol, but it looks like yours is a single disc radio. I rarely ever use CDs, but I don't know how compatible the single CD radio is with the Monsoon system.
It is installed with the Monsoon Sound System. This is the way it came from the factory. My car is a GXP which means the Monsoon is standard in it. You are correct that it is a single disc.

·
Registered
7,505 Posts
Please understand that if you get a replacement (used) radio, you will HAVE to visit the dealer to get the anti-theft reset.

Apart from that any Monsoon radio (Single CD, six-CD or USB) will be compatible.

·
Registered
7,467 Posts
Can i buy your leather boomerang thingy
Sorry Cev, NS has promised his leather dash to me first. :devil:

BTW, the Monsoon w/single CD didn't offer a USB port? I know my multi CD Monsoon unit has a USB interface.

I did run across a Monsoon being advertised on Craigslist a few weeks back, I didn't post it because it seems like most people are upgrading to new units w/screens and back up cameras.

·
Registered
7,505 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Ian, I have one for sale...below is a copy/paste from my post on this forum quite a while back! I can go $100 + shipping...

monsoon factory 6 CD radio head for sale
This was in my 07 Solstice for about 6 months. It replaced a defective one that I had. I've now upgraded to a head that has a usb port. $125 plus shipping

·
Premium Member
2,212 Posts
I'm going to have a stock monsoon HU with the 6 disk changer for sale in about a week. PM me if you're interested.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts