Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,649 Posts
XPEL clear-bra makes a pattern for our cars.

The trick, of course, is to find an installer...

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you! I am looking for one that you can put on/take off at any time. I have had them with other cars I have owned and they are usually made of a heavy vinyl material with a soft backing.

·
Premium Member
432 Posts
They pop-up on ebay once in awhile... pretty sure none were made for the GXP.

·
Premium Member
1,042 Posts
There's a non-OE brand that sells front bra's. Most automotive parts suppliers can sell it as well as eBay of course.

If you browse the forums about a bra you'll read that the non-OE doesn't fit nearly as well as the OEM GM version.

GM made 2 bras - both were designed for a NA car, not a GXP. One bra that GM made had a hole in the center to accommodate a license plate, the other version did not have this hole.

GM bra's have a Pontiac emblem on them, non-OE do not.

Just like other bras you'll need to drill and screw in snaps.

·
Registered
205 Posts
I purchased an OEM bra from a forum member last Spring. It was unopened new-in-box and came with all the hardware.

There was no drilling for the install, just remove a few screws and replace them with screws that have snap-on heads for the bra.

The Solstice looks great with the bra, but I found that it does cause the car to run about 5 degrees hotter on the highway, and 10+ degrees hotter in stop-and-go traffic.

I had planned to use it on long distance road trips, but don't because of the temperature rise.

I'll put it back on this winter and try it again.

An option would be to trim the netting from in front of the grilles, but I believe that would ruin the look and destroy the integrity of the bra - allowing it to stretch and warp out of shape.

I ran it today on a 2.5 hour interstate road trip at 80 mph. Temp ran average 194. On the same trip with the bra it would run 198-200.

Ambient temps in South Alabama have been 100 degrees (Heat Index 105-115) for the past week or so. Today was no exception.

(Sadly, it's been too hot to run with the top down on casual cruise days!)

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thank you for the feedback and I have looked on eBay and no one is currently selling one that fits a N/A.
If anyone has information on a specific brand that offers them, I would appreciate it.

·
Super Moderator
6,312 Posts
Thank you for the feedback and I have looked on eBay and no one is currently selling one that fits a N/A.
If anyone has information on a specific brand that offers them, I would appreciate it.
Have you found one for a GXP? I believe the only difference is that the GXP version will have openings for brake cooling ducts that are blanked on the NA.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts