Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking to pick up a pair of Solstice headlights for a reasonable amount. No biggie if they have minor wear and tear but I would like all tabs to be in tact and no major damage. Let me know if you have something.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
These are going to be birthday presents for my boyfriend so any leads are appreciated. Plan on disassembling them and having them painted white & black (white on the large sheild on the backside and black right around the reflector.)

·
Registered
4,218 Posts
They're going to be expensive!! They are getting rare!

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'd be very interested in yours if it wasn't for them being in Canada! I'm going to contact some local people who are selling their Solstices and see if they would be interested in making a few bucks off their car before they let it go. I have a functional pair that I can partial trade if I can get any takers.

·
Registered
2,721 Posts
If you paint the inside chrome reflective part black the lights will not function properly. You must have projector lights do to do that. The chrome reflector part is nessecary for the headlights to function properly and reflect the light. You can however paint the outside part around the center area any color you want.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm not painting the reflective part. If you take a look at the light there is a large "sheild" that surrounds the light which I want to have painted white. Right in front of the reflective part of the light is another chrome portion of the light which is what I want to paint black :)

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
^^ Could be confusing to some...but I somewhat understand.

The 'other' chrome portion you are referring to is still attached to the main chrome shroud in there....nothing some taping can't cure when you're painting.

When/If you get headlights and have them painted, be sure to post them up.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts