Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,785 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Following our oh-so-aweseome hail debacle here in glamorous Wylie, TX a few weeks ago, I find myself in need of some parts for my blue 2006:

- Hood
- Front fascia - GXP style would be nice, but will also take an NA.
- Convertible top, maybe - going to try and Gorilla Glue the glass back to the fabric.
- Driver's headlight. I really only need the clear plastic part. If you have one that's damaged on the back it's fine - I have a heat gun, can separate the pieces.

I'm going to paint the car, so color, scratches, etc. aren't all that important - just no significant dents. Mine looks like an angry baseball player and a kid with a ball-peen hammer decided to take out their frustrations on my car, so just about anything would be an improvement.

Preferably located within 100 miles of 75082, or shipable.

Dave

214-542-0597

[email protected].

·
AKA SolWhat?
10,607 Posts
Don't use Gorilla Glue on the rear window. Pick up a tube of the 3M sealant shown in this TSB from GM, you should be able to get it at any of the major auto parts places. Mine was repaired in 2006 and is holding tight to this day.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
22 Posts
Darn that is a shame. I would be crying. Need to post a picture of hail damage. I have a 2007 yellow hood in a the box my RKSport hood came in. Have no idea how much it would cost to have it shipped, nor if there is a difference in the fit. See if you can find something closer then San Diego.

Ed

·
Premium Member
1,785 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Don't use Gorilla Glue on the rear window. Pick up a tube of the 3M sealant shown in this TSB from GM, you should be able to get it at any of the major auto parts places. Mine was repaired in 2006 and is holding tight to this day.
Awesome! Thanks for the advice.

·
Premium Member
1,785 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Darn that is a shame. I would be crying. Need to post a picture of hail damage. I have a 2007 yellow hood in a the box my RKSport hood came in. Have no idea how much it would cost to have it shipped, nor if there is a difference in the fit. See if you can find something closer then San Diego.

Ed
I haven't found anything local. I can look into having it picked up and shipped, if it's already in a box it might be doable. Could you PM me a price? Seeing some fiberglass aftermarket stuff around, but with shipping they're coming in around $600+.

·
Premium Member
1,785 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)

·
Premium Member
1,785 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
Any idea how heavy a Solstice hood is... looking into shipping costs on greyhound?
According to this,

Kappa Parts Weight List - Saturn Sky Forums: Saturn Sky Forum

It's 60lbs. Feels like a lot more when moving it, though. I think the cost center would be the size. If it's going to be crazy expensive, I might just pony up for the fiberglass version. That said, It would be nice to get something that I know fits and is taking up space in a fellow forum member's garage. :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts