Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for a Mallet...only interested in a 6spd...prefer black or red...will travel for the right car..Thanks
Brian

·
Premium Member
961 Posts
So you would pass on a westers, ddm, or Pwerks conversion?

·
Registered
2009 Mysterious GXP Coupe #100
2,734 Posts
Are you sure you want a Mallett?

·
Premium Member
4,262 Posts
For what it's worth Mallet cars has gone bankrupt and all the assets have been sold off. Blackbird racing makes a good point as to other shops that do the conversion they are all still in business and if you have any problems at least they are around to help . One other thing that you might want to consider is buying a car and having the conversion done . For the price I have seen that some of these people are asking for a Mallet car you could get one built maybe for less and you know what you have. The last one that I saw for sale was in California I believe the guy wanted $36900.00 for it in was in Hemmings Motor News in February I tried to look it up on their website but could not pull it up so I don't know if the car sold or if the ad just ran out.One of our members had a conversion that he did for sale a couple of months ago it was a red car and had it posted on the forum don't know if he ever sold it.

·
Registered
2,539 Posts
There are plenty of great venders that do a conversions and they will service them if you have any issues unlike mallet since they are gone

·
Registered
7,478 Posts
I found this on Hemmings and posted it here awhile ago. It was advertised for a few months but no longer is being advertised on Hemmings. But the seller include his number listed below. May want to call and ask if it's still available.

2007 Pontiac Solstice Convertible for sale | Hemmings Motor News
2007 Mallett #6, 400hp, red, manual, 8,900 miles, $36,900 (negotiable)
Divide, Colorado, 719-227-5825

Non-Mallet LS3, 5spd manual, $29,900, Sly (grey)
2006 Pontiac Solstice LS3 6.2L V8 -- 430 HP Corvette Engine
Same car, large pics, full build details.
2006 Pontiac Solstice V8 For Sale ? LS3 Solstice For Sale ? (630) 922-0823

Posted 2/22/14 on Kappa sister site:
Mallett Sky with LS2 V8. 42k miles great condition , nothing wrong, 29500. Contact me for more info.
Mallett Sky 2008 for sale - Saturn Sky Forums: Saturn Sky Forum

Another idea is to contact the major auction sites and ask or let them know you're looking specifically for a Mallet V8 (or watch their auction listings). Be aware that because Mallet offered customers different packages/options, finding a car optioned just the way you want may prove to be difficult.

·
Registered
2,721 Posts
For what it's worth Mallet cars has gone bankrupt and all the assets have been sold off. Blackbird racing makes a good point as to other shops that do the conversion they are all still in business and if you have any problems at least they are around to help . One other thing that you might want to consider is buying a car and having the conversion done . For the price I have seen that some of these people are asking for a Mallet car you could get one built maybe for less and you know what you have. The last one that I saw for sale was in California I believe the guy wanted $36900.00 for it in was in Hemmings Motor News in February I tried to look it up on their website but could not pull it up so I don't know if the car sold or if the ad just ran out.One of our members had a conversion that he did for sale a couple of months ago it was a red car and had it posted on the forum don't know if he ever sold it.
Yep. What he said.:agree:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts