Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

· Registered
2008 Pontiac Solstice Automatic NA
39 Posts
Sure would be a shame if someone had this book, scanned it in for personal use onto their computer, then accidentally shared the pdf.

I wonder if the publisher could be asked to list the pdf of it? It's gotta exist.

· Administrator
12,380 Posts
Sure would be a shame if someone had this book, scanned it in for personal use onto their computer, then accidentally shared the pdf.

I wonder if the publisher could be asked to list the pdf of it? It's gotta exist.
The PDF would be so much simpler. If I end up buying a hardcopy I may look into it.
Just remember that posting copyrighted material - even if it is out of print - is forbidden on the forum unless you have verifiable permission from the copyright holder.

· Premium Member
1,160 Posts
Copyright adherence kept me from doing a lot of illegal work in higher ed and saved the college a LOT of money. Some were not so lucky, playing fast and loose, then getting popped. I kept one institution's lawsuit framed on my office wall. They lost.

You really do not get forgiven if you don't ask permission...and get caught.

Richard

· Registered
slivergxp&.wicked coupe,dirtbike,4wheeler twin turbo ford
2,746 Posts
the $$ Ive seen wanted for those books has kept me from buying one. kinda stupid they dont reprint it. but I reckon it's like the head lights&tail light and..well everything else solstice/sky thats not made after market. I reckon they think we are non-binary...we dont count.

· Administrator
12,380 Posts
the $$ Ive seen wanted for those books has kept me from buying one. kinda stupid they dont reprint it. but I reckon it's like the head lights&tail light and..well everything else solstice/sky thats not made after market. I reckon they think we are non-binary...we dont count.
More likely is that the market is a lot smaller than you think it is.

· Registered
8,171 Posts
I have that book but would never (having been a lawyer) participate in violation pf property rights. Just go and buy it or borrow it. The book it more on track racing that street anyway.

PS - I have no idea why some Solstice books are listed for sale at absurd prices - $1700 for the Witzenberg etc. Trolling for rich idiots perhaps?

· Registered
8,719 Posts
Hi everyone,

I’m looking for a copy of the Solstice Performance book, how to go fast and have fun. Does anyone in this forum have one they’d be willing to part with?

Thank you
View attachment 127134
Be aware that scammers look for posts like this. Only buy from long time forum members, established forum vendors, or Ebay/Amazon, etc.

· Premium Member
2008 Pontiac Solstice GXP - Mysterious (with unkown origin blue sparkle in rear bumper cover paint)
4,984 Posts
Be aware that scammers look for posts like this. Only buy from long time forum members, established forum vendors, or Ebay/Amazon, etc.
Or.. an actual used book store. Not that there are any good ones here in LA.
I just assume they still exist elsewhere in the country though?
One of the things that shows my age, i do love the smell of and leisurely browsing in a big old used bookstore :)

· Premium Member
174 Posts
IDK about yall

Went to the companys website, they sell the book for 130 bucks thru their online store, or pay 600 bucks to them via ebay

· Registered
8,719 Posts
IDK about yall

Went to the companys website, they sell the book for 130 bucks thru their online store, or pay 600 bucks to them via ebay
Thanks good to know. I see they are selling a Solstice Book by Gary Witzenburg for $599.95, which makes the one I just posted with a starting price of $50 bucks the deal of the century. Post #166: Interesting Solstice items on eBay

· Premium Member
2008 Pontiac Solstice GXP
1,032 Posts

· Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thanks for all your input folks. I will reach out to the publishers and see if they have any interest in offering an e-book. I’m sure many of us would be interested in purchasing that directly from them. It would be a Win-Win: they make money, we avoid the absurd markups.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts