Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm wanting to buy a passenger side/right front fender for my 2006 Solstice. I'm looking for one in good shape that doesn’t need painted. Paint code is 67U/U994L Cool silver/ Light Tarnished Silver Metallic. I’m watching E-bay also, but haven’t found a match yet.

·
Premium Member
17,536 Posts
Good luck with your search.

Matching tarnished silver or any silver can be a real challenge. Even if you have a panel painted and have the rest of the car to match it to, it can take several tries to get it right.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Good luck with your search.

Matching tarnished silver or any silver can be a real challenge. Even if you have a panel painted and have the rest of the car to match it to, it can take several tries to get it right.
Thanks, Rob the Elder. I’m hoping I’ll stumble across something halfway close. My fender could be fixed pretty easily and I’ve straightened it to where it’s not to noticeable. I wanted to put this post out there and see what happened. I figure you never know till you ask. I haven’t owned the Solstice very long and I’m trying to straighten up the previous owners mistakes. He told me he had someone replace the battery and the next time his wife opened the passenger door it bent the fender in. Apparently they misaligned the fender after the battery install. The car is solid and I believe it’ll be great once I fix all the silly stuff that should have never happened or should’ve been fixed when it happened. I’ve never really had the extra cash to go buy anything super nice and ready to go, It has always been take a little money, spend a lot of time and do a lot of hard work type of deal. LOL!

·
Premium Member
2,042 Posts
Welcome to the forum, and you have a picked a car that is going to give you so many happy miles it is unbelievable. You might try Hoosier GXP, he has lots of stuff laying around. Good luck on the search.

·
Premium Member
1,060 Posts
Welcome to the forum, and you have a picked a car that is going to give you so many happy miles it is unbelievable. You might try Hoosier GXP, he has lots of stuff laying around. Good luck on the search.

I don't have anything in that color but I may be able to point him to a place that does.

·
Registered
88 Posts
To piggyback off of this thread I am also in search of a driver's side. Color does not matter since I'll soon be giving the whole car a nice new coat. Too many door dings on my quarter panels ?.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I know you said you want it silver, but I have one in red if you change your mind
Thank you JesseB, I have a pretty good lead on a couple silver ones. If those fall through and I have to paint, I’ll be contacting you. Have a great day and thanks again!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
Thanks for the welcome skersfan and for helping me out. I’m looking forward to enjoying the Solstice this summer and giving my CJ-7 a break. I like summertime fun! Hoosier GXP straightened me out and headed me in the right direction. Smart people are always good to know.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts