Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
I am hoping for information about adapting a Hurst Knob to my existing 5speed shifter in my 06 Solstice. I also need help in locating the packet, which includes DVD, T-shirt, model of solstice, Book on creation of Solstice, etc, and it was only included on the 1st 1000 ordered during the premier of 'The Apprentice'. I have number 186, but I am not needing that specific number but it should be for the 'mysterious black' car. Thanks for any leads on either of these requests. Alan:)

·
Premium Member
880 Posts
Welcome to the forum. I added WTB to your title so people who see it don't think you have one for sale.

Also I deleted your repost. As a new member, your posts require approval. That's why you didn't see the first one.

Good luck with the search.

·
AKA SolWhat?
10,472 Posts
I am hoping for information about adapting a Hurst Knob to my existing 5speed shifter in my 06 Solstice. I also need help in locating the packet, which includes DVD, T-shirt, model of solstice, Book on creation of Solstice, etc, and it was only included on the 1st 1000 ordered during the premier of 'The Apprentice'. I have number 186, but I am not needing that specific number but it should be for the 'mysterious black' car. Thanks for any leads on either of these requests. Alan:)
Welcome to the forum, Alan.

Click on the following link to get a good description and pictures of what was received by the 1st 1000 owners. These came over the course of the 6 months it took to receive our 1st 1000 cars. In my case, the die cast model and certificate cam a month or so after I had the car.

http://www.solsticeforum.com/forum/f11/first-1000-other-stuff-67028/

Just to verify, the last 8 of your VIN is "6Y000186" and you have a 1st 1000 badge on your dash board, right?

Here's a pic of the dash plaque:

·
Registered
164 Posts
I am hoping for information about adapting a Hurst Knob to my existing 5speed shifter in my 06 Solstice. Thanks for any leads on either of these requests. Alan:)
I did this to my Sky 4 years ago. You can see a picture of it in my garage. If you want a copy of the documentation in Microsoft Word, then email me.

Dan

·
Registered
7,157 Posts
Only two ways I know to do something like this. First is to tear your existing shifter apart, after which you'll be able to add an aftermarket knob, provided it's the type that has set-screws to attach it: http://www.solsticeforum.com/forum/f12/shift-knob-destroyed-results-beautiful-23885/

Second is what I did, go to JPM and buy one of their short-shift sticks. They'l supply a replacement shift rod, leather boot (to your requirements) and a choice of knobs. OR, if you call them up, you can get just the shift rod and boot from them and have them thread the end of the rod to match your shift knob. Kappa Performance Shifter

1 - 10 of 10 Posts