Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone. I own a G6 and am a avid user on the G6 forums.
I know this isn't the place for introductions, but I recently started a project and I'm using a Pontiac Solstice transmission for my build.
I picked up this 08 with 38k for a decent price just last Friday, but they didn't have the shifter :(

It looks like I need the whole stem with the ball on the bottom. I just need the OEM shifter so if anyone has one laying around shoot me a PM. I don't need the boot or even the knob (but if you've got it I'll take it) Just need to get this thing to shift!

Thanks!

·
Registered
7,505 Posts
Yeah, not sure who would have the whole mechanism going spare. Only maybe someone with a replaced transmission.

·
Registered
201 Posts
I would email DDM

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You think DDM would have a stock shifter or two laying around? lol
I'm not ready to buy a short throw as I'm not really sure how it'll fit in the car, I'm still in my development stages.

I was just hoping someone got the short throw and didn't need their stocker hanging around anymore ha.
Thanks for the info though!

·
Registered
201 Posts
The leftover parts from installing the short throw won't get you very far. DDM has all kinds of stuff laying around from what I can tell.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I finally pulled the wrap off the back of the trans and found I need the plate and a couple bolts as well. Jerks at the yard couldn't have just left it.

I've contacted DDM and so far things look promising.
Thanks again for all the help everyone

·
Registered
174 Posts
rear wheel drive G6? used to have one...not sure what you're designing here

·
Registered
174 Posts
i see i see

·
Premium Member
2,212 Posts
I have the OEM shifter if you need it. Just the part that fits into the tranny though. I do have the OEM ball and inners minus the shaft. PM me if you need any of them.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts