Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
2008 Pontiac Solstice GXP
1,457 Posts
It all depends on how loud the exhaust is and how much drone you have. it is something you are going to possibly need to tinker with because you have a custom exhaust.

I am thinking that a lot of the drone might be coming from the Mayan Temple in the trunk. That thing is going to resonate something crazy. If you go to Home Depot and head over to the Windows and Doors section, look for a product called "Protecto Wrap" It is a roll of self adhesive butyl rubber. It's the same thing as the fancy sound deadening stuff you can buy that costs a lot of money. a 9" wide by 60' long roll should cost about 20 bucks. Take the trunk liner out and put 2 layers of that stuff on the Mayan Temple (big bump the top sits on when it is stowed in the trunk) and also the trunk floor at the rear of the vehicle. I am willing to bet that would knock it down quite a bit.

Put the Protecto Wrap down and then use a hair dryer and warm it up. Use your hand with a leather glove on and press the stuff down. once it is stuck it can only be pulled off if it is frozen and then it comes up in small pieces. so be careful and do not get it stuck to the side of you car..

·
Premium Member
71 Posts
HH Gadget, I found one fairly close by in NH, but he is asking $500 for it. Not sure I want to pay that much for it when I could get a new Solo exhaust for $650. That may solve the "droning" problem. Good idea on the resonator-will look into that. How much would you want for yours shipped?
Not sure what it would cost to ship. Lets consider me as a "last option". It's gonna be a big ass box with some weight to it...
I like the other ideas floating around here.
Your other option is to post here a WTB and perhaps the Redline/Sky forum? (members please pipe in if the redline exhaust is different than the GXP? I dont know).
Then just stay on it. I believe with some patience one will pop up that is more geographically desirable or maybe someone will want to swap in your area...
People are still buying them used (like me) and going down the upgrade path so there should be a small supply of them for some time to come...

·
Registered
91 Posts
Your other option is to post here a WTB and perhaps the Redline/Sky forum? (members please pipe in if the redline exhaust is different than the GXP? I dont know).
The RL exhaust is the same as the GXP, but with rectangular exhaust tips that may not work well with the Solstice rear fascia without some modifications.

·
Super Moderator
8,182 Posts
The RL exhaust is the same as the GXP, but with rectangular exhaust tips that may not work well with the Solstice rear fascia without some modifications.
They actually won't work at all without modification since they are quite a bit larger than the round Solstice tips.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts