Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I broke mine during head unit installation. Might be able to fix it if I can't find the part, but right now, I'd rather just replace.
I'm looking for the part with no luck.

GM Part No.: 15859939

Anyone parting a car out have one they want to sell?

Located in Mid-Michigan.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Wonder if the TC switch from the Grand Prix of the same era would work (seen those online). AC Delco still sells these. As well as the TC switch from the Vette (though those have a picture of a Corvette on them).

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've seen the TC Switch for the Sky in stock frequently too...for 12 bucks or so, I'll probably try that first.

·
Registered
139 Posts
I broke mine during head unit installation. Might be able to fix it if I can't find the part, but right now, I'd rather just replace.
I'm looking for the part with no luck.

GM Part No.: 15859939

Anyone parting a car out have one they want to sell?

Located in Mid-Michigan.
I bought one on Amazon over a month ago when they were about $12 and showed available. They are usually double that or more with shipping so I wanted to pick one up as a spare. I got an email shortly after purchase that they were actually out of stock and so far have been ever since. I figured I would just wait and if they get them back in stock, they will just ship it out. It's surprisingly one of the harder switches to find. Summit shows they are currently available, well they at least let me add it to my cart.

·
Premium Member
408 Posts
I checked with the GM site oempartsquick.com. and the switches are not the same or interchangeble.
I contacted GM oempartsquick.com with that question and this was their reply " They do not show that they interchange, Unfortunately, we are not able to get either as they are discontinued." An answer we are going to hear a lot more as time goes by!

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I checked with the GM site oempartsquick.com. and the switches are not the same or interchangeble.

I contacted GM oempartsquick.com with that question and this was their reply " They do not show that they interchange, Unfortunately, we are not able to get either as they are discontinued." An answer we are going to hear a lot more as time goes by!
Yeah, I've contacted a few places that say they have them online, only to be told they don't actually have them. Summit hasn't cancelled my order yet, but I assume they will. I'm back to scouring eBay and other places for someone parting out a car for the button.

I may also just try to repair it.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Yeah, I've contacted a few places that say they have them online, only to be told they don't actually have them. Summit hasn't cancelled my order yet, but I assume they will. I'm back to scouring eBay and other places for someone parting out a car for the button.

I may also just try to repair it.
Out of curiosity, could you temporarily use a fog light switch? I know I have read where people have accidentally swapped the plugs on the back of the two switches when reassembling. I'm not sure just because they connect if they work or not. Anybody who has accidentally swap them know for sure? Those are still readily available and an easy fix to at least have a working switch while you wait for the correct one to become available.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Out of curiosity, could you temporarily use a fog light switch? I know I have read where people have accidentally swapped the plugs on the back of the two switches when reassembling. I'm not sure just because they connect if they work or not. Anybody who has accidentally swap them know for sure? Those are still readily available and an easy fix to at least have a working switch while you wait for the correct one to become available.
Probably could try next time I open it up, or if I start getting a Service ESC/Service Traction Control error. I haven't got one yet.

I've seen fog light switches for sale. Don't know if will work.

When I disconnected the original Traction Control button when removing boomerang panel to install a head unit, I pulled to hard on the connector and all the electronics from the LED light back came out of the button with the connecter still attached. I put it back in the best I could and threw some electrical tape over it to keep in there for a temporary fix. But the button is pushed in all the time (doesn't spring back) and even when I pull the button out, and push it, nothing happens.

·
Premium Member
2,114 Posts
Probably could try next time I open it up, or if I start getting a Service ESC/Service Traction Control error. I haven't got one yet.

I've seen fog light switches for sale. Don't know if will work.

When I disconnected the original Traction Control button when removing boomerang panel to install a head unit, I pulled to hard on the connector and all the electronics from the LED light back came out of the button with the connecter still attached. I put it back in the best I could and threw some electrical tape over it to keep in there for a temporary fix. But the button is pushed in all the time (doesn't spring back) and even when I pull the button out, and push it, nothing happens.
If it is an on/off button like the fog light button, you might be able to use a fog light switch and change your old button over the new switch. In the enclosed photo, for an unrelated reason, I put a rheostat in the empty traction control button hole and put a black button from a dimmer control switch on the rheostat so it wouldn't look funny with an odd button. Just a thought.

Attachments

·
Registered
4 Posts
I ordered a traction control switch from Summit in early January 2021. order is still active, but i got tired of waiting so i was lucky and got a used one from a parts car. I will report back if Summit fills my order anytime soon.

·
Registered
747 Posts
I just realised I do have a spare TCS $35 shipped to you. Let me know if you are interested.
Or $10 if you want to meet up with the Michigan Kappa Clubs Cruise this Sunday, we are going to enf up in Frankenmuth

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I just realised I do have a spare TCS $35 shipped to you. Let me know if you are interested.
Or $10 if you want to meet up with the Michigan Kappa Clubs Cruise this Sunday, we are going to enf up in Frankenmuth View attachment 113024
While I wouldn’t mind a trip to Frankenmueth on Sunday, kid has a Baseball tournament in St John’s...

Was just up that way the other day in Mt. Morris for the other kid’s volleyball tournament, too.

PM details. I’ll take it.

·
Registered
08 Sky Redline, 5M
162 Posts
I just got one on eBay, for an HHR, seems like the same part.

·
Registered
08 Sky Redline, 5M
162 Posts
This is just a momentary button, it's not complex. It's got a negtive ground lead, one for the internal light, and the other for the button part. If you took the button out, you could use a paper clip if need be. Look for the button for an HHR or as others said, or some other button, ie the fog light button appears like it might be the same. I have the manuals and could look up the pinout later; but I'm gonna bet its probably the same.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts