Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
715 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know I could by at MRZ but just in case I'm looking to see if anyone has a extra set they are willing to sell. Let me know.

Thanks

·
Registered
715 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Still fishing....

·
Registered
715 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm looking for the plugs that go into the trunk holes the MRZ. Some call the buttress plugs but that just sounds wrong. While your here Norm, hi!!!

Was looking up any status on your street top, new side for wide body. Pics, pics, pics...

I also wanted to look into new fenders that have more the Ferrari shark fin look? I'm happy with mine but was thought it might look cool.

·
Registered
715 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I've not seen factory ones? I was looking for the chrome or black ones from MRZ. Does punisher have an extra set?

·
Super Moderator
16,390 Posts
I've not seen factory ones? I was looking for the chrome or black ones from MRZ. Does punisher have an extra set?
Actually, Punisher has two sets. One is carbon fiber for days when it's wearing the carbon fiber wheels, and one black with flaming punisher logo for when its got the painted Motegi's mounted

I just ordered another set for a friend and gave them to him last month.

We also have a painted set for the harden Dragon.:D

·
Registered
7,159 Posts
Good job Rob, I'd forgotten all about the factory ones. Not sure if they're available any more, and certainly don't look as good as the MRZ ones, but for cdflint, here's a photo with the part no, maybe you can find them:

·
Super Moderator
16,390 Posts
Yes!

Those are the factory units. Rubber.

Never really understood the logic behind them. I mean, if you can install them then the top is open anyway. Unless they were designed to be used with the toneau cover for long term parking.

Typical engineers, over designing for solutions that are not really needed. :devil:

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
I'd forgotten all about the factory ones. Not sure if they're available any more...
Tried to order some when Pontiac was shutting down and couple of local dealerships tried to order them... to no avail. Specialty item, not part of the tonneau kit, not used on any other car but the kappas. Likely no longer produced.

·
Premium Member
3,198 Posts
I believe they were a part of the Tonneau Cover Kit.

I might even have a set somewhere?????????
That is how I got a set. They came with the tonneau kit. Like the tonneau they have been discontineued. I also got a black set with GXP in silver from MRZ that I love.:thumbs:

·
Registered
715 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Looks like it order time with MRZ. I've not seen carbon fiber ones?

·
Super Moderator
16,390 Posts
Looks like it order time with MRZ. I've not seen carbon fiber ones?
Mine are painted then hydrographic printed in carbon fiber. Matches the wheels and dash

·
Registered
715 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
After a new year bump, still lookin'

·
Registered
7,226 Posts

·
Premium Member
85 Posts
I'm not sure if I remember this correctly but was there a problem delivering these items from the vendor in the recent past?

·
Registered
7,226 Posts
I remember that too, seem to remember the explanation given for length of time was due to they are made (were made) to order. Also, when you pop the trunk, you have to catch the lid from popping up otherwise the covers can slid down the back of the truck lid.

·
Premium Member
3,198 Posts
They make a good product. I have bought a few items from them and all has been well!:thumbs:

·
Registered
715 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I know I know MRZ has them but it popped in my head again that if someone was selling their car or had an extra I'd try for one used. It's one of those things for me that I'd buy used and willing to wait if one comes up. Right now I'm saving for a hydrodip kit to redo my headlights, halo and led's.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts