Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
574 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If anybody has a set of these they never used or that they took off a solstice they own or sold -- I'd like to buy them. I have the chrome/mirror finish ones on mine but the passenger side has cracked and will eventually break. I tried contacting vans designs but they don't respond.

I'd love to get Norms fenders with the vents (and the side skirts for that matter) but with shipping and paint its more than I can spend now. So if you have either the black or chrome vents pm me or email me at [email protected].

·
Registered
2009 Mysterious GXP Coupe #100
2,733 Posts
I like DDM's fenders...

·
Premium Member
2,210 Posts
I have Van's dibbit filler and backup light covers on my car and also had them on my first Solstice. I like them and can't believe no one else has made them since Van's went out of business. Good Luck finding them.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Instead of starting another thread, I'm gonna add myself as second in line. If anyone has a set after solactor gets his, I want them. Or, I'll buy your old ones and try to fix them. Let me know, thanks, Ian

·
Super Moderator
16,547 Posts
I had a set of black ones. I took them off the car several years ago when it was repainted. I may have saved them. I will look when I get home from my road trip.

But, I think it would not be a huge problem to cast your own. If you look into casting plastic systems. I used it quite a bit in my rail road modeling phase. You can buy RTV rubber mold making gunk that you brush onto the part. Once it sets up it peels right off the part. Then you can cast as many replacements as you want using the casting plastic material. Its a plastic like two part liquid that hardens into the final part. It works very well. You can make as many copies as you want for a few bucks.

Look up casting resin on Amazon and you will find several different types and kits.

Good luck

·
AKA SolWhat?
10,527 Posts
I had a set I won in a drawing at the first Dells meet in 2006. I recently sent them along with a bunch of other stuff to Solnut. He contacted me this morning and I told him that they were his, so I'm sure he'll be back in touch with you.

And for those who don't know what we are talking about:

Attachments

·
Registered
2009 Mysterious GXP Coupe #100
2,733 Posts
Sounds like we have a couple floating around here. I'd be interested in a set as well.. Black preferred, but I know how to paint. :)

·
Registered
574 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Messages sent to solnut and rob.

Ebrown-- they are starting to crack in the middle so I don't think they could be fixed very well. I think my detailer guy blasted them with a pressure washer too many times and caused the cracks. I used super glue gel a few times to try to hold them together but in time I think they'll completely break.

I'll keep everyone posted in the thread and if there are more than one set -- I guess we can go down the line to try to get a set to as many possible.

EDIT: I asked Tony at ASAP digital about making them since he makes similar covers for the fog lights and backup lights but he said he didn't have an original fender to use as for measurements etc. I guess if there seemed to be enough interest, we could find a way to get him a fender or maybe he could do it using one of the vans designs models for measurements. So if you guys that want some try contacting Tony on his ASAP thread, he might come up with something. Just a thought.

David M

·
Registered
750 Posts
Guys. I am getting ongoing requests to make these. I need a template to make them. I no longer have a factory fender and either need a fender sent to me or the original vans designs piece. I'll even take a computer scan of the unit or fender if someone has a scanner.

Thanks
Tony

1 - 11 of 11 Posts