Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Goodyear factory tires, approx. 4k miles on them. Would be good for spares or winter replacements maybe. Never repaired, just bought something stickier. P245 45 18 . Looking for $250 for the 4 or best offer.

Would prefer local pickup if possible . Northern Indiana

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
They were original tires on the 2007 but never in snow or rain even. I am not sure how to tell the date on them.

·
Premium Member
2,042 Posts
Most will say they are not any good to be honest. I used mine up until late this summer. Never noticed anything wrong with them. No cracks and seemed to work fine. If they have been kept inside out of the weather their whole life, would be fine for what you suggested, but not winter use. They are a summer use tire to begin with.

I have a set that I am still holding on to for that very reason. But the manufacturer would say they have past life expectancy is my guess.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
They dont have any weather checking, and yes they were kept inside a heated garage according to the owner I bought the car from last November. He even trailered the car to me. But, I do understand what you are telling me. I just needed a stickier tire, ended up with Michilens

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I went out and tried to measure with a caliper, I measured between 6 and 7 mm on all of them.

·
Premium Member
961 Posts
These tire can't be good still. They are just too old.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Was using them up until a couple month's ago without any problems, just upgraded to stickier tires. $200

·
Registered
51 Posts
Well, I have my factory stock tires and wheels stacked in the garage with maybe 2000 miles on them only because I got a heck of a deal on a set of aftermarket wheels and tires from a member of this forum 4 or 5 years ago. I would have no problem putting them back on and using them even though they are 9 years old now. With only 8900 miles on the car now its not likely I'm ever going to wear either set out,but that's just me. Don

·
Registered
7,664 Posts
In the old car category we have people using old (some 1960s) tires as show pieces for a show car. We also see delamination if they are used at higher speeds or long distances (when they heat up).

Modern tires have changed formulation and risk that sort of thing much earlier. If kept in the dry and dark, they will last longer but at some point they will become unsafe

No one can say that one year they are safe and the next year they aren't.

·
Registered
143 Posts
I wonder is a shop would even mount them

The dealer by me after 6 yrs started telling me to change out my tires with only 15k on them because of old age

1 - 13 of 13 Posts