Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,206 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
www.pontiac.com

go to future vehicles, 2006 Solstice, if the Solstice is not the lead vehicle on the site.

New "official" info
177hp/166ft-lb

0.90 lateral g's

"..starts at under $20,000*"

and in fine print: *Starting price does not include AC or manual transmission."

which must be a typo regarding the transmission, unless it doesn't get a transmission at all :lol:, because "manual only" for the first model year is already a given.

Available Eurostyle two-tone leather interior

Contoured race-inspired seats

and the best part:

"Coming Summer 2005"

There's a couple more wallpaper pics to download, too.

·
Registered
600 Posts
Really nice to see some of this in print finally. Still have to wait. "And where's the top?"

·
Registered
86 Posts
I'm suspicious. Why do you think Pontiac has not shown the top yet? Somethings up. What would be the reason not to show it at this point? I can't think of any unless there still working on making right.

·
4,592 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
WTLW?
Saw this on another forum (yes I'm new here) thought it might be interesting
http://www.gmcanada.com/english/vehicles/2005/pontiac/solstice/sols_specs.html

Born of inspiration and built with enthusiasm, Solstice doesn't know the meaning of the word "compromise".

Modified, supercharged ECOTEC 2.2 L 4-cylinder engine (240 hp)
Six-speed manual transmission (5th/6th gears overdrive)
Modified GM delta platform with front engine and rear-wheel drive
4-wheel independent, strut front suspension
All steel, unibody chassis
Saddle brown, leather-trimmed interior surfaces

·
Mod Emeritus
7,468 Posts
Oh no! Not the GM of Canada site again! :lol

Welcome to the forum Johnei! Just a warning not to get your hopes up, but that GM of Canada site is advertising the 2002 Solstice concept’s specifications, and not those of the production car. There won’t be a supercharged engine to start, unfortunately. Also, the transmission will be a 5 speed stick. It seems inevitable that a supercharged or turbocharged engine will eventually be offered, but there has been no official announcement yet, and timing is unknown.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Beware of those Canadians. They don't seem to know what they are talking about. Those stats are just a little bit old.

·
Mod Emeritus
7,468 Posts
solsticeman said:
www.pontiac.com

and in fine print: *Starting price does not include AC or manual transmission."
It definitely looks like a typo, unless we want to start a rumor that it will come standard with an automatic transmission! :willy:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Fformula88 said:
Oh no! Not the GM of Canada site again! :lol

Welcome to the forum Johnei! Just a warning not to get your hopes up, but that GM of Canada site is advertising the 2002 Solstice concept’s specifications, and not those of the production car. There won’t be a supercharged engine to start, unfortunately. Also, the transmission will be a 5 speed stick. It seems inevitable that a supercharged or turbocharged engine will eventually be offered, but there has been no official announcement yet, and timing is unknown.
Ok thanks - did a search here but not too well apparently. I would think GM would tell their Canadian site to fix their info.

·
Mod Emeritus
7,468 Posts
johnei said:
Ok thanks - did a search here but not too well apparently. I would think GM would tell their Canadian site to fix their info.
I've seen other discrepencies on that site too. For whatever reason, they don't update the information on it all that often. For instance, it lists the recommended fuel for Cobalt SS Supercharged 2.0L I4 motor as 87 octane. However, GM actually recomends 91 + octane for the motor, both in the US version of the Cobalt SS per their website and in the Ion Redline.

·
Premium Member
5,691 Posts
jeg913 said:
I just got a new wall paper for my computer the solstice looks nice in silver.
I think I'm first with it as avatar. Makes me rethink original choice of colorred.

·
Premium Member
8,901 Posts
ig88vsbobafett said:
you guys see it also says "as Shown $21.530"
Yeah, we've used this to help get an idea of the pricing for the leather package. Since this image showed the two tone leather interior in the car.

·
Premium Member
5,691 Posts
This morning the pontiac.com web site has reference removed to manual transmission not being included in base price. We know that $19995 includes destination charge, but not if the $21530 does. If the silver car shown only has AC as an option that would make it $1535 for air if including dest charge or $2110 if not. Either seems excessive. So, there must be more options than just AC on the pictured car.

·
Premium Member
8,901 Posts
achieftain said:
This morning the pontiac.com web site has reference removed to manual transmission not being included in base price. We know that $19995 includes destination charge, but not if the $21530 does. If the silver car shown only has AC as an option that would make it $1535 for air if including dest charge or $2110 if not. Either seems excessive. So, there must be more options than just AC on the pictured car.
The $21,530 price includes the base car price, which the base car price includes destination charge encompased in it. It's not some extra thing being tacked on.

The Silver car as we've mentioned has the two toned leather interior. You can see the Granite/Sand leather dash and seats. We don't know if it has AC or not though. Just because the vents are there doesn't mean AC is. It could just be the heater system.

So at worst we know the Leather Package costs $1535. If there are more options then the Leather Package costs less.

·
Registered
118 Posts
I was playing with some option pricing using other vehicles on the pontiac site.
The leather option in four passenger vehicles was around $795.
I would expect a two seater leather package to be no more or less :skep:

·
Premium Member
5,691 Posts
Skidpad said:
I was playing with some option pricing using other vehicles on the pontiac site.
The leather option in four passenger vehicles was around $795.
I would expect a two seater leather package to be no more or less :skep:
So the up side is that $1535 would include both leather and AC :cool:

·
Registered
8 Posts
Any one have an idea on what XM (Radio) and AC will add on to the price ? I plan on spening $24k do you think it will fit into that ? also is Cruise Controll an option ? or is it Standard ?

1 - 20 of 41 Posts