Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
do any of you modify you gaming systems?

i haven't gotten to read the whole thing, but here is a link to a patent issued to microsoft on tuesday 4/6/04.

http://dw.com.com/redir?destUrl=http://patft.uspto.gov/netacgi/nph-Parser?Sect1=PTO1&Sect2=HITOFF&d=PALL&p=1&u=/netahtml/srchnum.htm&r=1&f=G&l=50&s1=6,716,102.WKU.&OS=PN/6,716,102&RS=PN/6,716,102+&siteId=2&oId=2100-1103-5186739&ontId=11&lop=nl_ex

Xbox2 is going to have a hard drive after all!!! (dont quote me)

i read somewhere in there that the hard drive will be "a non-removable hard disk drive coupled to the processor."

note the coupled to the processor. im not sure if it is just connected to it or if the processor is going to be embedded onto the hard drive assembly, or the hard drive to the mainboard. likely the latter if either is the case.

to get to the point though, if this patent, is for the new xbox it could mean no removing the hard drive without soldering skills.

im at work so im still pondering whether or not this is for Xbox or the New Xbox, right now im thinking this is for the old xbox because the drawings are of the one out now. just thought this may be interesting to some of you who want to get your minds out of the oil pan for now.

ok, ok, the patent application was file in May of 2001, so i highly doubt that this has anything to do with the new xbox. sorry, but it is a good insight on the innards of the xbox if you like to read though this kind of stuff

·
Registered
55 Posts
me personally I'm a PS2 guy. I love the Gran turismo games. I actually hope they put they solstice into the new gran turismo 4 game. cause they put the RX-8 like 2 yr before it came out and the 350z 2 yrs before it came out. just a hope. I do admit Xbox is a good system but you also have to give Ps2 the respect it deserves, its been out for such a long time the original playstation came out nearly 10 yrs a go.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
no doubt, PS2 gets all the respect it deserves and mostly dominates the market. but i love the xbox because it is so easy to modify, well we wont say easy, its like saying hacking easy, but i use my xbox as a media center to play movies and music on my TV

·
Registered
6 Posts
I agree I have an xbox now but the ps2 has loads of games to play. I like the HD in the xbox this is the best thing about it. The PS2 mem cards were like $35 when they first came out. They were making a butt load on them too.

·
Registered
11 Posts
ps2 did own the console market out wit the old and i mean old ps2 is almost 5 years old.. and in wit the xbox most powerfull console in the world best games best online... last month was the first month since the xbox launch it out sold ps2 worldwide.... ps i dont like sony EVIL

1 - 5 of 5 Posts