Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,755 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got the bill to renew my XM/Sirius radio subscription. $$$$
If I can't get them to cut me a break, l will not be renewing.

Has anyone 'negotiated' any kind of price break with XM/Sirius lately$ If so, how'd you do it and how good a deal was it?

·
Registered
81 Posts
Has anyone 'negotiated' any kind of price break with XM/Sirius lately$ If so, how'd you do it and how good a deal was it?
It may be quite different where you live but this is my experience, when they phoned me I just kept saying no and they must have reduced the price 5 times. The final amount would have been pretty much a quarter of the original price.

terry

·
Premium Member
10,465 Posts
I just renewed mine and went from an invoice of $114.39 for 6 month to $129.35 for a year.
The key is to let them know is to high and you want to cancel the subscription.
Good luck

·
Premium Member
3,198 Posts
When I go to renew each year I remind them that the car is stored for the winter. They give me a rate of about $80.00 for the year based on this.

·
Registered
5,437 Posts
Can't say with XM as I have no experience and I won't mention specifics because I generally will not reveal a "special deal" out of respect for the seller.

But as others have indicated, you should be able to negotiate a better price.

·
Premium Member
2,212 Posts
Mine expired and they keep sending me different offers. the last one was $25 for 3 months trial but I can't remember what it was after that. I only listened to 2 stations so I don;t miss it that much. I wonder if you can tell this that this is a show car and you only drive it avery couple months. they might cut you a break. hell, I might try it myself.

·
Premium Member
3,263 Posts
I told them 'I would pay the same as last year' and not any increases.

About 'Half' is correct! :cool:

·
Registered
350 Posts
Can't say with XM as I have no experience and I won't mention specifics because I generally will not reveal a "special deal" out of respect for the seller.

But as others have indicated, you should be able to negotiate a better price.
That thought holds true (and great rule) however XM/sirius is not a seller to "respect". Same to Onstar.

I have lifetime on the G8. Paid under $400 for it in 2009. I wish they offered that still. Seems like it was only offered one season and then never again. I have done the $25 for 6 months 6 times. Each time, I cancel 3 days before the 6 months are up and they refuse to give me the same deal. Then a week or so later call back and ask for the 6 months for $25 and get it. My account has 4 radios and have done that with 2 of them.

If they would actually merge, that would be better. My parents have one siri and 2 xm and I call in once in a while to whittle down their bill.

It should not take this much work. $6-9 a month is all most are willing to spend, but they want to bill $15 without improvments to listening pleasure.

·
Registered
194 Posts
The MUCH better half has XM in her car. But she never listens to it as she has a lot of music on her iPod and a local station she likes. When her 'free introductory period' ran out we received a lot of "please subscribe" beg-a-grams, but tossed them in the trash. Once in a while one of us will hit the button by mistake and the radio still plays.

·
Registered
333 Posts
Around renewal time last, I told Sirius/XM that I was unwilling to pay so much for audio quality so poor, and to discontinue my account. They gave me some BS reply that they were working on improving the audio quality, and took 50% off my subscription for the year. The problem is until they stop adding or get rid of all these little niche' talk and other channels to free up digital bandwidth, the audio quality will never get better.

·
Premium Member
2,212 Posts
it would be nice if they could base your rate on your usage. since I only listen to 2 channels about 15 min a day, I can't justify the need. I can appreciate someone who won't spread the details of a deal to others especially if they gave you a special or one time deal. However, I'm also a big believer in screw em over if you've been screwed. netflix did that to me and now me, all 3 of my sons and my brother get netflix and use my 1 account number. I figure I can't watch it 24hours of the day and we all 5 rarely watch it at the same time so where's the harm?

·
Premium Member
10,465 Posts
They have a music only subscription for $9.99 per moth.
I have also mentioned to have A La Carte subscription since a lot of people probably only listen to just a few channels.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts