Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm USAF stationed overseas, so I've had to jump through some hoops. Basically, the overseas military car sales people found out they were getting 30 Solstii in their initial allocation, so anyone interested had to drop a deposit and then wait for the "lottery" held on 4 May to see if they got one of the 30.

Good News: I got one of the 30.

Bad News: They told me today that I may not see my car until 1st quarter 2006. (After Winter Solstice even.

I think they may be getting 30, but not in the first batch or two out of the plant, so their delivery dates may not reflect a big change to what we have heard on the forums so far.

Almost makes me want to break down and get that Austin Healy 3000 I was looking at.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Congrats Frosty! Hope you get it soon.

I just don't understand it, companies always talk about taking care of our service men over seas but they don't seem to back up their words with actions. Why couldn't they have set aside a few of the first 1,000 for servicemen and women and let them order as many of the regular production as they want?

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
solsticedreamin said:
Congrats Frosty! Hope you get it soon.

I just don't understand it, companies always talk about taking care of our service men over seas but they don't seem to back up their words with actions. Why couldn't they have set aside a few of the first 1,000 for servicemen and women and let them order as many of the regular production as they want?
The Big Three automakers plus Harley Davidson actually support us very well. We can order almost everything as long as it is built in America (so no GTO for example), and we get a price between MSRP and invoice (no haggling at all) plus we get any rebates offered. This can sometimes be a huge savings, especially on cars (I can't think of one off the top of my head) that have a high demand and may have dealer markups.

It gets even better on motorcycles, as we can get HD or Buell with no markup even on the special editions (like 15th anniversary Fat Boy) that are seeing a $5-10k markup in the states.

The only thing I missed out on was the EOP, but I also didn't have to go through the drama of the EOP, so I consider myself ahead.

When my car is delivered (Oct to March timeframe) I plan on taking leave (vacation for you civilians) and driving south until I find sun (South of France, Spain or possibly Italy). Rest assured, I'll take lot's of pictures. :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts