Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,475 Posts
This is actualy one our members here in the forum, he posted a thread about it, and gave the reason for doing it, I believe there is a baby on the way plus other circumtances.
I myself think he would do a lot better if he could wait until the cars start to ship, then put it up for sale.
I do not see this ending anytime soon, specialy as the cars get closer and closer to shiping.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I agree. He can get more paying for it and Reselling it. Plus, if EBAY gets wind of
that they may remove the listing. You can't sell what you don't have, and you
don't own.

·
Registered
2,060 Posts

·
Registered
2,060 Posts
Guess the good news is that after 8 1/2 days, nobody has been OVERLY interested in buying a first allocation and the bid for the 'right to purchase' is only at 5.50!

·
Premium Member
940 Posts
dori-san said:
Guess the good news is that after 8 1/2 days, nobody has been OVERLY interested in buying a first allocation and the bid for the 'right to purchase' is only at 5.50!

Bristol CT is just down the road from me. It seems that this dealer does not yet have a production date either. Otherwise, I would have bid $6:00 ;)

·
Registered
42 Posts
This is an emotional battle

Thank you CanSol for your good wishes. I so wish I could keep my EOP but I do hope it goes to a good home. Who knows if I win the lottery I can buy the high bidder out and keep the car. I understand how everyone feels and I appreciate your candor. It will just hurt all the more every time I see a solstice drive by. I felt that it was meant to be having my birthday on the summer solstice. maybe a few years down the road I will be able to buy one when the prices have all sky rocketed. Thanks again.

·
Premium Member
940 Posts
Sooolstice said:
Thank you CanSol for your good wishes. I so wish I could keep my EOP but I do hope it goes to a good home. Who knows if I win the lottery I can buy the high bidder out and keep the car. I understand how everyone feels and I appreciate your candor.
Hey, you gotta do what you gotta do! Your circumstances are far different than someone who got in for the sole purpose of selling the car to make some $$$

·
Registered
48 Posts
I looked at the ebay ct. dealer ad, if you'll look down to the bidders questions, he says in answer to the question, the car you're bidding on is the 1st car in the SECOND run after the first 1000 cars. Don't see that as such a great deal. I'd probably be all over it if it were first car in first run. Did email him to question this.

Chris

·
Registered
4,135 Posts
bullseye said:
I looked at the ebay ct. dealer ad, if you'll look down to the bidders questions, he says in answer to the question, the car you're bidding on is the 1st car in the SECOND run after the first 1000 cars. Don't see that as such a great deal. I'd probably be all over it if it were first car in first run. Did email him to question this.

Chris

I talked to the dealer, it's were I got my car but i'm a zerro zipper and will have my car first. The car he's trying to sell won't be in untill next year. Very deceiting ad though. It's also a mdifferent salesman.

Zero/zipper in ct.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Yep,
Don't expect I'll here back from him, I wanted the stipulation the auction details would be first car, first run after the initial thousand and guarantee in writing by the sales manager at the dealership.

I'm already first car in the second run at my dealership so certainly wouldn't pay for the privilege.
Chris

·
Registered
54 Posts
Pretty hard to sell something you don't even own. :brentil:

·
Registered
48 Posts
Yep, that whole dealer ad was pretty squirrely, not actually mentioning it was a second allocation car until someone asked. BTW> He never did respond to my email. $51, I guess that salesman's going to be mighty disappointed.
Chris

1 - 17 of 17 Posts