Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i tried searching for the problem i have before starting a new thread, but couldn't find something similar. my problem happens when the top and windows are down. the noise is a sharp ripping sound and i think it's caused by the little rubber flaps above the seatbelt area that's part of the weather seal(see photo). the noise comes from the drivers side and only happens when i'm on the freeway. the sound is not constant, but happens enough to where it's annoying. anyone else experience this? if so, how did you fix? btw, i have 07 GXP.

·
Registered
220 Posts
I have an '07 GXP as well, but I get the wind noise in that exact same location when the top is up! Good luck finding a solution b/c I know that wind noise can be VERY annoying!

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have an '07 GXP as well, but I get the wind noise in that exact same location when the top is up! Good luck finding a solution b/c I know that wind noise can be VERY annoying!
i had it happen only once with the top up, but my window was down. is it the same sharp ripping sound you have? how often does it happen?

·
Registered
220 Posts
Mine sounds exactly like wind whistling through a slightly opened window. Sometimes it is high pitched and other times it is just that leaking air noise. Either way it's pretty annoying! It happens every time I have the top up and travel. I also have an annoying rattle sound coming from the center console (behind the e brake).

·
Administrator
9,252 Posts
i tried searching for the problem i have before starting a new thread, but couldn't find something similar. my problem happens when the top and windows are down. the noise is a sharp ripping sound and i think it's caused by the little rubber flaps above the seatbelt area that's part of the weather seal(see photo). the noise comes from the drivers side and only happens when i'm on the freeway. the sound is not constant, but happens enough to where it's annoying. anyone else experience this? if so, how did you fix? btw, i have 07 GXP.
What type of antenna do you have?

·
Registered
199 Posts
I've noticed a wind noise, a kind of whistling from right over my shoulder when the top is down and I'm on the highway. I reached over and pressed on the bottom of my wind restrictor and it went away.

So today I applied some weather stripping at the bottom of it and hopefully it will be no more.

Bob

·
Administrator
9,252 Posts
the regular stock one located on the passenger side.
Sometimes noises "sound" like they are coming from one area when they are actually being produced in another..especially with these cars. Not seeing any sign of an antenna I thought perhaps you had an aftermarket shorty possibly altering windflow or producing an odd sound.

I've never experienced the noise you describe and haven't seen any thread here regarding this exact issue. Maybe try taping that portion of weatherstripping on a test drive and see if that changes or eliminates the noise. :dunno:

·
Registered
7,164 Posts
Further to MomSol... trying taping over it with masking tape. If that alters/removes the sound you know that's the culprit. Else start looking elsewhere.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts