Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

You asked for it so here you go :) [golf and trunk pic]

14K views 44 replies 32 participants last post by  cadillacricket 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Thanks to a friend of mine as he plays golf. (lol)

There has been a lot of discussion about fitting golf clubs into the trunk of the Solstice. Well, here is a picture that gives you an idea of how a full size golf bag fits into the back.

(post edited to add text above for fromt page. TR)

golfclubs
golfclubsfit
golfclubstrunk

Attachments

See less See more
#3 · (Edited)
Cool, thanks John :cool: Looks like width is good too (most every roadster you have to pull the drivers out of the bag because the car isn't wide enough).

Agree, is it possible that the top down just goes right over the bag? That would be fine by me even if it means I have to lift the top a foot to get it out.

#10 ·
That is a great picture, now for those that do not play golf, you can subtitude the golf bag for whatever you may want to carry back there.
Also if you look carefuly at the picture it looks like you could put some stuff in the side by the wheel wells.
Thanks Big John

#11 ·
Makes you wonder if the 1.4CF measurement with top down does NOT include the space under the folded top. They probably just measured the directly accessible space above the top making the 1.4cf not really accurate :cool:

#14 ·
I have been following this forum for awhile. While flying home today from Baltimore and paging thru skymall.com magazine, I saw a picture of a Porshe 911 with 2 outboard hard case golf bags attached to the bumper of the car.

http://www.skymall.com/webapp/skyst...tion=productGrouped&pid=69743165&catId=Search

Hit the link above and hit the links in your Solstice. :lol:

I found a used 2005 Crossfire for under $30K. I pick it up tomorrow but will look in occasionally to see how the battle is going. I woulda bought a Solstice instead but.....

#16 ·
That trunk is really a disappointment to me. The width is good, but why couldn't they have engineered it to have more space. I drive an S2K and have lots more room that that (although I couldn't put clubs in).

#17 ·
Slicer said:
That trunk is really a disappointment to me. The width is good, but why couldn't they have engineered it to have more space. I drive an S2K and have lots more room that that (although I couldn't put clubs in).
If you want an answer do a little searching. We've gone into depth countless times why the trunk is the size it is.

#19 ·
Great News

BIG JOHN said:
Yes the top DOES close with the clubs in there and with the top up you can 2 put bags in there. :)
Dude your the best well along with SD lol. From the looks of it and what you have said lets call the trunk large ;) Last night packing for a weekend trip leaving in a few, the wife and I were getting a little neverous about our little baby not having any!!!!! room now it looks like we have a pleanty with a little wise packing. :D

yeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa finnnnnnnnnnnnnnn heyyyyyyyyy:party:

#20 ·
BIG JOHN said:

There has been a lot of discussion about fitting golf clubs into the trunk of the Solstice. Well, here is a picture that gives you an idea of how a full size golf bag fits into the back.
Big John,

I _do_ thank you! This let's me know that I can surely get two soft-side bags in the back and hit the weekend roads with my wife! :cheers:

You have done the forum a great service. :patriot:

--Chemist

#21 ·
A BIG Thank you BIG JOHN

BIG JOHN said:

Since I was the one who asked, thank you for giving us this frame of reference. I can now picture myself sneaking off on a Saturday morning to the driving range in the Solstice while my wife and daughter sleep in, WITHOUT having to put the clubs in the passenger seat.

I recently picked up a "Sunday Bag" that will hold 6-7 clubs, which is great for an Executive length course. That should fit in the space along side my wife's Callaway GES seven-club set.

#22 ·
GM Conspiracy...?

Dear Big John...
You have revitalized this forum and it's members. You have given hope where there was none. You have brought light to the ever-darkening depths of Hell :devil: to which we have sunk...

Which under-cover division of General Motors Covert Marketing do you work in? :leaving:

Sincerely, The Gopher Man. (as far as you know :cool: )

#24 ·
Big John, you are the best!!!

The trunk was one of my biggest concerns and your photo and comments puts my mind at ease! Golf, travel, useable storage....

You've done well! :agree:

:cool:

#25 ·
Trunk reminscent of...

Reminds me somewhat of my Fiat X 1/9 back in the 70s and 80s. Almost no space, but a golf bag may have been too long, but I don't golf. The front trunk wasn't much use either. Oh yea..there were two. Front was actually bigger, but the width and length of a medium suitcase, but not much deeper if any, IIRC. Would be fun as a primary car getting groceries.

#26 ·
RJinAZ said:
Solcticewannabe said:
I have been following this forum for awhile. While flying home today from Baltimore and paging thru skymall.com magazine, I saw a picture of a Porshe 911 with 2 outboard hard case golf bags attached to the bumper of the car.

http://www.skymall.com/webapp/skyst...tion=productGrouped&pid=69743165&catId=Search

QUOTE]

That's an Audi TT Roadster.
I feel compelled to correct your correction. It's a hardtop. So, it's an Audi TT coupe. :jester:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.