Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,226 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
You asked for it - WERKSracing LS3 V8 "Bomber" conversion starting at $14,999!!!

You asked for it, we deliver! - Introducing the WERKSracing LS3 "Bomber" V8 conversion starting at only $14,999.99!!!:willy:

The 430 hp "Bomber" LS3 conversion package for your Solstice and SKY starting at only $14,999.99 installed was created to cater towards the no frills and budget minded customer while still providing the same level of quality and performance in our more expensive conversions. The engines are off the shelf GM Performance LS3 crate motors that are in the 2008 Corvette C6 and rated at 430hp.

With a good driver the car will be very fast, estimated 0-60mph in 4.3 seconds and quarter mile easily in the mid 12s.

The conversion includes the following -

GM 430 HP V8 LS3 Crate Engine - Rated at 430 HP
GM Steel flywheel and clutch
WERKSracing Custom stainless exhaust y-pipe with high-flo catalytic converters
WERKSracing heavy duty aluminum radiator
WERKSracing LS3V8 badging
WERKSracing Custom balanced driveshaft
WERKSracing Custom motor and transmission mounts
WERKSracing LS3 ECM and custom wiring harness
WERKSracing LS3 Engine Covers
WERKSracing complete detail

Additional Options Available -

Call us at 815-439-4547 or e-mail for additional information!

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
Holy s***!!! F****n AWESOME!!! DAMN ECONOMY! It looks just so damn sexy.

·
Registered
110 Posts
WOW! ! Is all I can say.. maybe a 4 year layaway plan and I can have one of these...;).. :lol:
What the turn around time for this conversion usually take?

·
Registered
447 Posts
Awesome offering guys! Thanks for your continued support of the platform.

·
Premium Member
2,226 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
WOW! ! Is all I can say.. maybe a 4 year layaway plan and I can have one of these...;).. :lol:
What the turn around time for this conversion usually take?
Yes we can do layaway ;)

Build time is about 4-6 weeks from once we receive the car.

·
Premium Member
2,226 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That is a great price. No that is a fantastic price!

Does that include the harness changes of any and ECM software?
Yes Rob it inclues the harness changes the ECM software, we build our own harnesses here so we can keep the cost down a bit that way.

It doesn't include the optional LSEdit tuning interface and software package.

·
Premium Member
2,226 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Awesome offering guys! Thanks for your continued support of the platform.
No problem guys and gals, we are commited to the Kappa from here on out even though we are exploring new product development for current platforms.

·
Super Moderator
16,393 Posts
Yes Rob it inclues the harness changes the ECM software, we build our own harnesses here so we can keep the cost down a bit that way.

It doesn't include the optional LSEdit tuning interface and software package.
Makes good sense.

The cabling is one of the more challenging parts of the build so the fact that you have the capability to do your own custom cables is a real plus. It also speaks to your experience and knowledge which is a huge confidence builder.:thumbs:

·
Registered
432 Posts
what does this setup NOT include that is in your more expensive LS3 installs? Does this retain A/C? I am assuming this retains the stock transmission, is it strong enough to handle the power? and how much more is it to upgrade to a 6 speed?

·
Premium Member
2,226 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
what does this setup NOT include that is in your more expensive LS3 installs? Does this retain A/C? I am assuming this retains the stock transmission, is it strong enough to handle the power? and how much more is it to upgrade to a 6 speed?
It does not include -

Revalving of the shocks
WERKS V8 spec Eibach springs
T-56 6 speed manual transmission
More expensive clutch and flywheel combination for the T-56 s speed

Yes, guys have been using the standard 5 speed for years in these conversions without any issues. A 6 speed upgrade is an additional $2500.00

·
Registered
1,639 Posts
Just curious: Do you have a version of this kit for the DIY or to be drop shipped to one's local shop to install along with instructions and a starter "canned tune"? (IE: are you Dyno tuning each of your in house installs, or do have a base tune you are installing on each in house build?)

·
Premium Member
2,226 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Just curious: Do you have a version of this kit for the DIY or to be drop shipped to one's local shop to install along with instructions and a starter "canned tune"? (IE: are you Dyno tuning each of your in house installs, or do have a base tune you are installing on each in house build?)
Our DIY kits are available here - The Home of WERKSracing products!

It will come with a base tune already installed in the ECM that works fine unless you have some different mods then you may need some additional tuning.

·
Registered
6,943 Posts
What is the cost of hitting those output goals using the other products you sell to upgrade the LNF engine? Figure you are in a good position to do either.

·
Registered
1,639 Posts
Have you guys been looking at that new twin-turbo V6 that GM just came out with? Any thoughts about a future engine swap package for that?

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
Have you guys been looking at that new twin-turbo V6 that GM just came out with? Any thoughts about a future engine swap package for that?
Knowing what I know about how much the crate EcoBoost motors cost, that is not going to be a cost effective option, if it is at all similarly priced. The EcoBoost crate motor costs $15k to $17k...

·
Registered
414 Posts
If you can get the cruise control issue worked out I will definately be giving this a closer look...

·
Registered
1,639 Posts
Crate Engine Depot is showing the LNF for around $3,500 without the turbo. So I was hopeful that was a guideline for the other EcoBoost engines. :lol: I guess GM is pretty proud of their new Tech.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts