Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We are several weeks away from the first Solstice commercial.

How do you think they'll spin the Solstice? What kind of ad theme would you pitch if you were in charge?

:lurk:

·
Premium Member
8,901 Posts
I keep wondering if this entire process and Premiums was created by one of the Apprentice teams. Because I read somewhere this entire episode is dedicated to the Solstice.

·
Registered
13 Posts
If I could make a TV spot for it I would open with a shot from about 10 feet above a winding country road with trees on both sides and a river one one side with leaves blowing in a breeze across the road or something like that. With "Sleepwalker" playing then have the Solstice blast past under the camera and go tearing up towards and around the next curve. At the same moment as the Solstice comes into view the music changes to "Johnny B. Goode." and then the usual multitude of angle shots as the car is shifting gears and speeding along the road. after a bit of that end with a shot of the car parked on a bridge over the river with -Solstice- over it and some voice saying "The new Pontiac Solstice, so good it's bad" or something cheesy like that.

I like the action packed cheesy car adds.
I love the caddy one with the car spliting the fog with Zep playing.

·
5,600 Posts
"Introducing the all new Pontiac Solstice, featuring the most trunk capacity in its class".

WELL IT'S TRUE!

No other Roadster under $20,000 MSRP has a larger trunk. ;)

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
I think the entire Apprentice episode will be geared towards just that. The product marketing of the Solstice! I wonder who will get fired!

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'll go with the patriotic angle.... :patriot:

Shots of classic British, German & Japanese roadsters coming over a hill...

Announcer: "Historically to get a great roadster driving experience you had to turn to England, Germany or Japan".

Over the hill comes the Solstice...

Announcer: "Now meet the first classic American roaster, Solstice. Coming this summer to a Pontiac dealer near you".

Queue Jimmy Hendricks music.

·
Premium Member
10,471 Posts
mceb said:

Announcer: "Historically to get a great roadster driving experience you had to turn to England, Germany or Japan".

Announcer: "Now meet the first classic American roaster, Solstice. Coming this summer to a Pontiac dealer near you".

That is great idea MCEB but also use the Summer Solstice as the theme for when coming over the hill.

·
5,600 Posts
mceb said:

I am loving it!

·
Registered
137 Posts
The Summer Solstice is coming! And what better way to experience the longest day of the year then in Pontiac's all new roadster, the Solstice.

Built from the ground up for open air driving, the Pontiac Solstice redefines the meaning of excitement.

Don't let the sun set before you sit in the most innovative new roadster to hit American soil. By the way, it's made right here, so you know it will be right at home!

The Pontiac Solstice..... long on fun! :cool:

·
Mod Emeritus
7,468 Posts
The car speaks for itself. I'd just show it on some fun, twisty roads, blasting through the countryside top down, and find a nice, catchy tune to go along with it.

·
Premium Member
10,471 Posts

Over the hill comes the Solstice....

The Summer Solstice is coming! And what better way to experience the longest day of the year than in Pontiac's all new roadster.
Now meet the first classic American roaster, Solstice.

Built from the ground up for open air driving, the Pontiac Solstice redefines the meaning of excitement.

Don't let the sun set before you sit in the most innovative new roadster to hit American soil. By the way, it's made right here, so you know it will be right at home!
Coming this summer to a Pontiac dealer near you.

The Pontiac Solstice..... long on fun!

PS: I have combine MCEB patriotic theme with Mayor Summer Soltice theme to create the best of both IDEAS.
The credits goes to both of them!!!!

·
Registered
228 Posts
The Mayor said:
The Summer Solstice is coming! And what better way to experience the longest day of the year then in Pontiac's all new roadster, the Solstice.

The Pontiac Solstice..... long on fun! :cool:
Nice idea, would be a super idea if the solstice was to be released on the Summer Solstice

·
Premium Member
5,691 Posts
Cue Music from CSI (oops I mean The Who)
  • the car is shown flogging the roads
  • the car is shown passing others in its class
  • the car is shown pulling up to the opera (with top up)
  • then the baseball stadium
  • then the racetrack where it promtly does a quick lap
  • Then the camera closeup focuses on a dreamy babe in the passenger seat who has been dreaming all the previous events
  • The camera pulls back to reveal the hot babe is in the passenger seat of a SOLSTICE, stuck in downtown NYC with a guy in the drivers seat yellin' at traffic and beatin' ion the steering wheel.
  • She says "It's my turn to drive" they switch and miraculously the car pulls out of teh NYC traffic jam back into the surreal
Cue up "Who are you, Who Who SOLSTICE!

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
Damn! First we got to help them design the car, and now the commercials too!! We're making this too easy for them! :lol:

·
Premium Member
5,691 Posts
AeroDave said:
Damn! First we got to help them design the car, and now the commercials too!! We're making this too easy for them! :lol:
Maybe this is the live episode and they haven't really fired anybody from the upcoming program, just waiting to pick our favorite commercial before its aired. That way they will already know what sells. "Excuse me sir. I know you have already put money down on a car you have not even sat in, let alone drive. Tell me what kind of commercial would have made you step up to the pump faster." :lol:

·
Registered
137 Posts
Nice job LatinVenom. You took the ideas to the next level!

Who knows, maybe we should produce the spot. It's what I do for a living.... (When I'm not playing part time Mayor of my community)

Tha Mayor :cheers:

·
Registered
299 Posts
Saw First Commercial

I just saw the first commercial for the Solstice last night. Well, it wasn't a commercial for just the solstice, but it was for all the new ponitac stuff. And the Solstice was the focus of the spot. Damn, it's a thing of beauty.

·
Registered
168 Posts
How about two guys sitting in a Charger and the Solstice pulls up. "That thing got a hemi?," they ask. You, sitting in the drivers seat just turn and smile. "Don't need one." Wink and drive away.

·
Premium Member
5,691 Posts
Blk37Special said:
How about two guys sitting in a Charger and the Solstice pulls up. "That thing got a hemi?," they ask. You, sitting in the drivers seat just turn and smile. "Don't need one." Wink and drive away.
:thumbs:

1 - 20 of 30 Posts