Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After 6 years of ownership:

1. You still smile from ear to ear everytime you start it up.
2. You cannot wait to take a drive just for fun.
3. You enjoy even changing a spark plug or washing it by hand.
4. Your neighbors come out and visit just to talk cars.
5. Total strangers stop and admire it, ask what it is, how fast does it go, and tell me how lucky I am to have it.
6. Your 8 year old daugher wants you to drop her off at school every day just so her friends can see her in it. (that one is funny to me)
7. You can see your car in the parking lot and watch it stop people of every age group in their tracks just to look at it.
8. and many, many, many more reasons.

·
Registered
5,434 Posts
I think the only point that really drives it home is the daughter wanting you to drop her off at school in it...

·
Registered
64 Posts
You know you have a great car when you park in the far deserted section of the parking lot, wallk away, look back, and say to yourself "Dammmmm what a good looking car".

·
Registered
199 Posts
56XK140- I agree, like my 06(NA) so much I went and bought another one last fall. The new one is a 09(NA) coupe. I'm lucky enough to have a understanding wife. By the way I like the stripes.

·
Premium Member
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Registered
157 Posts
Definitely am still loving my Sky for all the above reasons... minus the daughter thing, no kids. :lol:

I was over at the Chevy dealer for a brief moment last week... on my way back out not even a minute later, a guy shopping for a car was taking pictures of my Sky... and asked what I called it.

·
Registered
4,206 Posts
Where did you get the halo rings for the headlights? Or as one vendor calls them, the Demon eyes?

·
Premium Member
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

·
Premium Member
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Rx4, got any pics with the doors and hood closed? I like those wheels.
Hi Mark,
They are the Gravanna J2 18" Staggered Set in black. Not made anylonger but I know the Drag DR-19 wheels are very close in design.

John G

·
Premium Member
2,212 Posts
That thing kicks ass John. MY 7th grade son wants me to drop him off at school all the time since I got mine. kids gotta be cool. Oh, and I really like those fenders, looks like the ones on my 73 Vette.

·
Premium Member
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
I love them! If I may ask, how hard were they to put in/on?
bb-kaytor,
This mod is very simple. First you take off the headlights. Then you bake them in an oven. (I think 200 to 210 degrees for 10 to 15 minutes, BUT verify this with a forum search first). Once they are hot, lift the locking tabs on the headlight assembly and gently separate the top and bottom halves.

Once separated, you can install the halos (be very careful as they are very fragile) on the inside reflector and secure them in place with epoxy at just about three or four contact points. Use a very low adhesive type masking tape to hold them in place until they set otherwise the chrome finish inside the headlight assembly can peel off with the tape.

Once set, run the wires outside the headlight assemply. Re-bake the headlight unit and reassemble both halves again.

Make sure to wire the small Halo light inverter OUTSIDE the headlight that way if it ever goes out, you will not have to dismantle the headlight assembly again to replace it.

Now just wire as you see fit. I ran a hot wire off a switched fuse location in the fuse box to an on/off switch on the drivers side console that way I could turn them on and off independent of the driving lights.

As you can tell, I also added a small LED strip to the inside of the headlight assembly at the same time. It is just wired to the halos and come on at the same time.

Let me know if you need further details.

John G

·
Premium Member
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
That thing kicks ass John. MY 7th grade son wants me to drop him off at school all the time since I got mine. kids gotta be cool. Oh, and I really like those fenders, looks like the ones on my 73 Vette.

LOL,
Thanks Charlie,
John

·
Premium Member
89 Posts
bb-kaytor,
This mod is very simple. First you take off the headlights. Then you bake them in an oven. (I think 200 to 210 degrees for 10 to 15 minutes, BUT verify this with a forum search first). Once they are hot, lift the locking tabs on the headlight assembly and gently separate the top and bottom halves.

Once separated, you can install the halos (be very careful as they are very fragile) on the inside reflector and secure them in place with epoxy at just about three or four contact points. Use a very low adhesive type masking tape to hold them in place until they set otherwise the chrome finish inside the headlight assembly can peel off with the tape.

Once set, run the wires outside the headlight assemply. Re-bake the headlight unit and reassemble both halves again.

Make sure to wire the small Halo light inverter OUTSIDE the headlight that way if it ever goes out, you will not have to dismantle the headlight assembly again to replace it.

Now just wire as you see fit. I ran a hot wire off a switched fuse location in the fuse box to an on/off switch on the drivers side console that way I could turn them on and off independent of the driving lights.

As you can tell, I also added a small LED strip to the inside of the headlight assembly at the same time. It is just wired to the halos and come on at the same time.

Let me know if you need further details.

John G
Excellent, thank you! I sounds like I have a mod coming up in the near future!! Your car looks outstanding too. :thumbs:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts