Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
It's 66c degree's 馃槀
Three hours later it's still at 45c.

There other day the car was dead in the morning, boosted it and went to work, at lunch it was dead again, then leaving work it was also dead. Charged it for 4 hours and it started making funny noises and got hot. Left it overnight and it's dead again in the morning... yup need a new battery.

Premium Member
It's 66c degree's 馃槀

There other day the car was dead in the morning, boosted it and went to work, at lunch it was dead again, then leaving work it was also dead. Charged it for 4 hours and it started making funny noises and got hot. Left it overnight and it's dead again in the morning... yup need a new battery.

View attachment 108924
Is that the original battery?

Super Moderator
It's 66c degree's 馃槀

I admire your perseverance, but i think I would have taken the hint at lunchtime.

Registered
Discussion Starter #4
Is that the original battery?
It was replaced before, i don't think one would last this long.
I admire your perseverance, but i think I would have taken the hint at lunchtime.
I imagined something was draining the battery, the radio did this before i replaced it. I pulled all the fuses and found nothing draining it, the alternator was charging it to 14v+ but the battery couldn't keep charge. Can't always think its the battery, in this case it was but not last time.

Registered
Occasionally batteries can have a plate that breaks loose and touches another plate causing a short. I had this happen a number of years back. It kept charging on an automatic charger til it boiled away half the fluid. The automatic charger never turned off because battery voltage was depressed by the short.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts