Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 20 of 275 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I have had the privilege of driving a 2006 Pontiac Solstice (green) for the week and I must say WOW. This car is so cool and the looks you get when driving this vehicle is often humorous at times.

I don't have one on order yet but after driving it this week I'm looking into it very seriously. :) I had one woman chase me through a parking lot just to ask me " is that the new Solstice i have heard about " (lol)

I read these boards and see everyone is greatly excited about this vehicle, well wait until you have it in your driveway. :) The wait will be will worth it i can Guarantee you that.

My wife will not stop asking me lets go cruising again, and again, and again.

Plain and simple its the funniest car i have ever drove. For those that have orders in already good for you because if this vehicle's sales are going to be anything like the attention it draws look out.

P.S. Plan on spend lots of time in a parking lot trying to fend off the public drooling over your new ride. :)

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
ok, i'll bite...

so just how did you come to drive this car that you seem to know so little about? :skep:

·
Registered
179 Posts
:agree:
RichSol said:
so just how did you come to drive this car that you seem to know so little about? :skep:
He knows enough to find us here and tease us, but I don't know that I want him publicizing my new ride as "funny".

·
Registered
139 Posts
its possible. certain gm employees depending on how high up you are on the food chain get to drive new gm cars as a perk. my dad gets a new one every three months, and he might get teh z06 for a weekend this summer before its out. i can tell you right now, that my dad knows a lot less than the guys on the corvette forum about it. he works at saturn and doesnt have any inside info on the z06, but that doesnt mean he might not be able to drive it for that weekend. im not saying this guy got the solstice, but its certainly possible.

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
Roadsters are great looking cars, the Solstice especially. Last evening I was taking the back roads home from the mall and ahead of me was a Z3 and Miata. Wonderful top down warm suumer evening ride. Made me wish I could have joined them in my Sol....

·
Registered
2,060 Posts
WannaSolstice said:
:agree:

He knows enough to find us here and tease us, but I don't know that I want him publicizing my new ride as "funny".
I think he meant 'funnest' not 'funniest' in his post.

·
Premium Member
4,053 Posts
I just noticed something. If Big John were to have pulled up a couple inches more, he would have scratched the car. :cryin: Just something to think about in future parking lots. We can't hurt the baby. ;)

·
Registered
2,060 Posts
stang said:
I just noticed something. If Big John were to have pulled up a couple inches more, he would have scratched the car. :cryin: Just something to think about in future parking lots. We can't hurt the baby. ;)
I was gonna point that out too, how close it was. This thing is gonna be low so we gotta be careful.

·
Premium Member
568 Posts
i'm thinking curb feelers are going to make a comeback....

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
scraping the front end....

I'm used to that. My '97 Eclipse Spyder scrapes every curb and every dip in the road. :(

·
Premium Member
4,041 Posts
Curbs aren't too bad, but watch out for parking bumpers. My 2000 Miata has a few scrapes on the underside of the nose from curbs but the worst time was when I overhung a parking bumper that had the steel pin partially out of the top. When I pulled up the pin hooked behind my front air dam. There was no way off except to grin and grit my teeth as I backed up. Luckily it was low enough that it couldn't normally be seen. I see the same problem with the Solstice. Lots of cautious driving until we get the feel as to where the nose of the car really is with respect ot curbs and obstructions.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
godspeed06 said:
it looks like the top was rained on... were there any LEAKS??!!

Nope no leaks and yes it has been through 4 car washes already. :)

As far as parking to close to the curb I must say that when your sitting in this vehicle it gives you the illusion that you are closer to the curbs then what you are. (sitting low and long nose)

Let me know if you folks have anymore questions??? :grouphug:

1 - 20 of 275 Posts