Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone else name their cars? If so, what?

07 Solstice: Hilary
06 RoadKing: Sheila
05 Silverado: Big Red
05 TrailBlazer: Samantha
96 Silverado: Charolette
67 Camaro: Miranda
65 Falcon: Carrie

Yes most of them are named after the chicks on Sex and the City. Dont ask.

·
Registered
767 Posts
After the nine month gestation period, I'm just calling mine Baby.

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
03 Yukon Denali - Dori ....Named by the kids

05 GTO - Lucian

67 Chevelle - Bob (don't ask)

06 Solstice - Denar (my wife's name for her)

·
Registered
292 Posts
1998 Toyota Tacoma----the truck
2001 PT Cruiser----the Cruiser
2006 Solstice----the ragtop

Actually I have never named a vehicle. :)

·
Registered
8,664 Posts
The name of my Solstice is in my signature!

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
DFincher said:
Does anyone else name their cars? If so, what?

07 Solstice: Hilary
06 RoadKing: Sheila
05 Silverado: Big Red
05 TrailBlazer: Samantha
96 Silverado: Charolette
67 Camaro: Miranda
65 Falcon: Carrie

Yes most of them are named after the chicks on Sex and the City. Dont ask.
I thought your Camaro might have gotten its name by the fact that while driving/owning it, you may have heard..."You have the right to remain silent, anything you say can be used against you in court....." a few times. :lol:

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
Marco said:
I thought your Camaro might have gotten its name by the fact that while driving/owning it, you may have heard..."You have the right to remain silent, anything you say can be used against you in court....." a few times. :lol:

:agree:

I have almost gotten that one in my GTO. 135 in a 70 normally makes the police a little upset. :lol:

·
Registered
8,664 Posts
With that GTO, I guess you didn't need a tailwind to hit that speed.

With my old Fiat 850 Spyder, I needed help to get to 98 MPH!

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
gizmo2004 said:
With that GTO, I guess you didn't need a tailwind to hit that speed.

With my old Fiat 850 Spyder, I needed help to get to 98 MPH!

:lol: Nope I was still in 4th gear when I saw the lights several hundred yards back. I probably could have got away, but it was a deserted highway in the middle of the night and I figured he would cut me some slack.

Which , thankfully, he did

·
Registered
8,664 Posts
You don't mean no ticket?

I would never try to outrun. Radios are faster. Did get away from one in my Fiat X1/9. In the city, took several left and right turns.

I used to be a Burger King (also McDonalds) manager in Miami. Police always got free meals at any Burger King there. I always worked into the conversation my employment, and it was usually "Well, please drive a little better." and no ticket!

After 3 armed robberies ( I was the victim, not the perpertrator), I decided to change careers and become a CPA.

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
He made me get out of the car. Gave me, literally, an hour long lecture. Which I genuinly listened to. Then he said he would let me go this time.

The funny thing is that he is actually now my neighbor and I have sold him three cars, INCLUDING A GTO, since then. After talking to him later about it he said that he never even got a make or model when I zoomed by him. So I could have got away scott free.

His radio communication would have been something like this. "I have a runner on I-295"

"What make/model?"

"I am not sure. But it is hauling [email protected]$"

:lol: :lol:

He said that since I pulled over he was fine with it. The other funny thing is that he thought I was much younger than I really am. I look like I am 20, but really in my 30's. So I caught him by suprise

·
Registered
121 Posts
1961 Triumph TR3A - Amanda

1969 Triumph TR6 - Arthur (Still own)

1977 Triumph TR7 - Maximillian. It was red and the problems I had with it reminded me of that psycho-killer-robot in the move The Black Hole.

1999 Ford Mustang GT - Sarah

2000 Chebby Korvette - Cora Yvette (Still own)

2005 Pontiac G6 (Wife's car) - Beauty. She named it...

·
Registered
753 Posts
i bought new white egyptian cotton towels to do a 'zaino' on the solstice. When I declined to take old white towels from the closet for the solstice, 'wife of' named her "that b*tch that's too good for my towels".

sure hope that name doesn't stick.

·
Registered
753 Posts
dealernut said:
He made me get out of the car. Gave me, literally, an hour long lecture. Which I genuinly listened to. Then he said he would let me go this time.

The funny thing is that he is actually now my neighbor and I have sold him three cars, INCLUDING A GTO, since then. After talking to him later about it he said that he never even got a make or model when I zoomed by him. So I could have got away scott free.

His radio communication would have been something like this. "I have a runner on I-295"

"What make/model?"

"I am not sure. But it is hauling [email protected]$"

:lol: :lol:

He said that since I pulled over he was fine with it. The other funny thing is that he thought I was much younger than I really am. I look like I am 20, but really in my 30's. So I caught him by suprise
we were chatting with mallet at the detroit event. he builds 200MPH cars and 'test drives' them well into triple digits. he said he always pulls over if he is over the limit and a cop puts on the lights. police do not like being disrespected.

·
Registered
8,664 Posts
ELTGuy buys the kind of cars I like! Nice.

dealernut: ask your neighbor how fast HE has gone in his GTO! :)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts