Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay most of us that want to own a Solstice have a car now. so post up the pics of what you have now. This is my MR2. it is a 91NA that I had a turbo engine swapped into.

Attachments

·
Mod Emeritus
7,468 Posts
Grrr.. MR2... :brentil:

J/K. Nice car! I have a Fiero Formula, pic is my avatar obviously. That is my current toy, my daily driver is a Jeep Wrangler Sahara. I don't have a pic handly. but it is white with painted wheel flares and a tan top. I am sure everyone knows what a Wrangler looks like.

·
4,592 Posts
99 white Rodeo 4x4 (what else of course)! One great truck! Bought it new, never looked back. Not a single problem in 5.5 years, 60K miles.

But that's not my daily driver lately, see my signature for the get me around car du jour!

What next, time will tell............... :brentil:

·
Registered
1,844 Posts
Junky old '94 Camaro. It's had a hard life, spent its first six years as an undercover cop car and its next five years as a plaything for my teenage son till he outgrew it. Had the engine "freshened" (rings, valves, etc,) at 180,000 miles so even with just under 200,000, it's still the fastest car I've ever owned. But I'm looking forward to a car where both the windows roll down and it doesn't creek like a wooden ship in a storm.

Oh yeah, and a '73 Boatailed Buick Riviera. Triple black. Twenty footer, though. Like it 'cuz it is so extreme (style, size, weight, torque, MPG, etc.)

·
Premium Member
4,041 Posts
My daily ride is a 2000 Silver Miata. I tried to add a pic but ran into difficulties. I'm not as savy with the insert process for pics. I run 16 inch rims with low profile Goodyears when the weather is good and revert back to 14 inch snows when the weather gets nasty. The car only sits in the driveway when the depth of snow gets to be a problem for ground clearance, then I run my 98 S-10.

·
Premium Member
5,691 Posts
Miata Man said:
My daily ride is a 2000 Silver Miata. I tried to add a pic but ran into difficulties. I'm not as savy with the insert process for pics. I run 16 inch rims with low profile Goodyears when the weather is good and revert back to 14 inch snows when the weather gets nasty. The car only sits in the driveway when the depth of snow gets to be a problem for ground clearance, then I run my 98 S-10.
Procedur is in the how to part of forum but here is quick and easy. Make sure digital pic is on your hard drive in allowable format. Look below reply box for manage attachments and click to attach files. You will see the list of types. You can click the button to browse your HD and find your file then hit upload. Problems you may experience might be with file size. Usually if that's the prob it will tell you. There is a size restriction. There may also be a time of membership and post number to achieve to be able to do this but I've seen brand new members post pics so I don't think that is the case.

·
Registered
2,153 Posts
My current ride is an '03 Saturn VUE... and it's killin' me! It's nice and practical, but it's pointless to mod it or try to have any fun driving it. All I've done is remove the intake baffle, install aftermarket fog lamps, XM (recently) and integrated my V1 radar detector. It has some Saturn accessories, but who really cares?

I traded in my mid-13-second '99 GTP (with plenty of suspension and brake mods as well as power adders) for the VUE . I also owned a '91 Miata a few years ago, but sold it before I moved from Hawaii when our first kid was born and my wife quit working.

I won't waste the bandwidth posting pics of my VUE. Nobody wants to see that!

·
Registered
70 Posts
This was supposed to be a convertible

My current ride is a Passat. I was planning on buying a convertible, but forgot my oldest son was about to turn 16. So I instead bought the Passat, which is 4 cylinder, 3,500 lbs, and made of air-bags. With the turbo the car is a little faster than I expected.

Now with a second son driving I need a third car - I get the convertible.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
4,041 Posts
achieftain
My problem was file size. Thanks for the upload tip.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Stephen M,
Are you on the MOC board much? what have you done to your 2?

I just have a custom catback exhaust, an intake and a Greddy intercooler for now. But soon with in the year I am going to have a T3/T4 on it. along with an upgraded fuel system. the high 200's to the wheel is all i am looking to get out of it any time soon.

·
Registered
81 Posts
bubbagumping said:
Stephen M,
Are you on the MOC board much? what have you done to your 2?
I'm on the MOC board fairly often, I'm "Stephen M" over there as well...usually in the MKII, Audio/Security, and MKIV sections.

I've kept my car bone stock for autocross classing reasons. I did install an aftermarket sound system, though, the gory details of which can be found here:
http://stephenmason.com/cars/mr2audio.html

-Stephen M

·
Registered
535 Posts
This is an older pic, but it's my winter and summer cars. Right now I'm not sure if I'm swapping the Tib for the Solstice this year or waiting for the Sky and adding that as a third car next year.

·
Read Only
3,468 Posts
Current ride

Howdy, all. I'm new to the forum, but not new to "Solstice desire". My wife has finally come to realize that I am _serious_ about having one. I will have to wait until NEXT summer since I've got to get our second child started into college!

Anyway, my current ride is a 21-speed Fisher mountain bike with diamond tread Michelin 26x2.15 on/off-road tires. My wife drives a Hyundai Santa Fe. I've started clearing out the "other" side of the garage, though, for when I _do_ get my Solstice.

--Chemist

·
Registered
185 Posts
My daily driver

I have a 2004 subaru WRX wagon....man I love that car.....fast and fun...and practical. I just sold my 1986 951 Porsche (wow miss that car)
was going to get a boxster(would not have to wait though) but wanted american and have to wait......waiting sucks as it is summer and I could be in a boxster now...I will get my car in time to park in in the garage for the winter...oh joy

1 - 20 of 38 Posts