Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
21 - 40 of 41 Posts

Registered
Awww. I really like the look though lol. Maybe I'll just start with the calipers they will look good red either way. ;) (You're probably going to tell me next to for the love of God stop with the red calipers).
Lol, well since you asked. I do admit that I do not see the sense of bringing attention to the rather small brake & rotors setup on Kappas (or a lot of other cars like Miatas, GR86s, etc). In fact, if anything painting them just highlights how small they really are. Now when I do see supercars that have really large brake & rotors on them I don't see them so much as hardware as much as automotive art that is worthy of bringing attention to them with a splash of color.

Wheel Tire Automotive parking light Car Vehicle

KYFarmLife, at the end of the day it is your car so if you want black wheels or red calipers go for it. (y) Because I've been told (more than once) that my taste looks to be a cross between Dolly Parton & Liberace...on acid. :ROFLMAO:

Premium Member
I did not realize this had turned into a brag my ride thread.

I thought it was trying to help this guy out.

:)

But I guess these things take on a life of their own

Premium Member
2008 Pontiac Solstice GXP - Mysterious (with unkown origin blue sparkle in rear bumper cover paint)
I can't believe no-one has mentioned the dual horn mod? One of my first (and still favorite) mods.
Ok, my understanding is that he is asking for peoples favorite mods, especially aesthetically.
My only absolutely must have will never live without non aesthetic mod is a back up camera!

But along the aesthetic lines my personal favorite aesthetic mods are:
-Dechroming the dash. (Maybe less of an issue in a coupe but i find the sun glinting off the dash chrome very distracting) I ordered used parts and painted them so if i ever need to return to stock, i can put the oem chrome ones back.
-color match painting the dash boomerang
-Norms recessed grills.
-Norms front splitter.
-color matched LED marker lights (the ones right in front of the front tires) cheap and available on ebay鈥 i think they have clear ones that would look excellent on a white coupe
-better seats (i am small so seats with side bolsters) that look good.
-colored piping around the door cards
-DDMs L鈥檌l Chromies (also available in black) for the door locks
-paint matching exterior door handles
-also how has no one mentioned dechroming the headlights? Cheapest mod there is and it would go nicely with blacked out wheels:)

Vehicle Wheel Tire Hood Car
Automotive lighting Automotive tire Motor vehicle Hood Automotive design
Speedometer Gear shift Vehicle Car Gauge

Premium Member
2008 Pontiac Solstice GXP - Mysterious (with unkown origin blue sparkle in rear bumper cover paint)
PS, outside of the norms stuff most of my list above is really inexpensive to DIY.
Nice 鈥渃raft鈥 projects if you are hibernating your car for winter.
Also Katzkin makes new car seat upholstery for our seats if you like the oem seats and want to spice up the look :)

Registered
2006 red 2.4 5sp, very low km
Ok, my understanding is that he is asking for peoples favorite mods, especially aesthetically.
My only absolutely must have will never live without non aesthetic mod is a back up camera!

But along the aesthetic lines my personal favorite aesthetic mods are:
-Dechroming the dash. (Maybe less of an issue in a coupe but i find the sun glinting off the dash chrome very distracting) I ordered used parts and painted them so if i ever need to return to stock, i can put the oem chrome ones back.
-color match painting the dash boomerang
-Norms recessed grills.
-Norms front splitter.
-color matched LED marker lights (the ones right in front of the front tires) cheap and available on ebay鈥 i think they have clear ones that would look excellent on a white coupe
-better seats (i am small so seats with side bolsters) that look good.
-colored piping around the door cards
-DDMs L鈥檌l Chromies (also available in black) for the door locks
-paint matching exterior door handles
-also how has no one mentioned dechroming the headlights? Cheapest mod there is and it would go nicely with blacked out wheels:)

View attachment 125996 View attachment 125997 View attachment 125998
I have seen the piping on a couple of examples and understand it to be friction fit, with the panels in place. Does it stay where it is supposed to. I like the looks of it, good job on all your improvements, they are tasteful and not overdone.

Premium Member
I have seen the piping on a couple of examples and understand it to be friction fit, with the panels in place. Does it stay where it is supposed to. I like the looks of it, good job on all your improvements, they are tasteful and not overdone.
Thank you.
Yes friction fit. I highly recommend a marine grade piping as the cheap stuff on Amazon started to fade very quickly鈥
I might add one of the easiest mods i have done. Maybe i got lucky with my door cards but a simple super thin flat plastic tool was all i needed. (And some snips to cut the length)
The bigger marine grade stuff hasnt budged a millimeter in a year now.

Registered
PS, outside of the norms stuff most of my list above is really inexpensive to DIY.
Also Katzkin makes new car seat upholstery for our seats if you like the oem seats and want to spice up the look :)
norm's sunken grilles and frt splitter really make the solstice gxp look mean on the frt.

Premium Member
My favorite mods . ..
LS3
Edelbrock valve covers
Remote coil packs
Shorty headers
Custom 2.5 inch exhaust, dual baby cats and a resonator- no muffler
T56 6 speed transmission
BC Coilovers
VDI door hinges
custom leather door inners
Custom leather seats
Custom painted dash and all trim. Mercedes black with Punisher red trim And flames
JPM center console custom leather cover
JPM red/black custom shift boot
Custom painted parking brake trim
Carbon Fiber C6 steering wheel
Punisher center cap
custom painted punisher logo on waterfall door
waterfall center replaced with Opal GT plastic without embossed pontiac logo
Custom Punisher V8 Solstice windrestrictor
JPM short shifter #1
JPM center grab handle leather trim
JPM custom sun shade covers
Custom painted windshield trim, black with red accents and flames
custom DDM gauge cluster
custom replacement Tac and Speedo from Speedhut
Carbon fiber dipped dash
UU1 Opal radio with USB
Custom painted inner door handles (punisher red)
custom painted bezels, steering wheel, both doors (punisher red)
custom painted Motege wheels. Mercedes black with realistic flames vertical to the spokes
custom painted caliper covers, punisher logo and realistic flames
Norms GTO hood with stripes and realistic flames
Norms one off Punisher fenders including Windrestrictor fabricated illuminated signs with flickering flames and flaming punisher logo
Norms side skirts molded into the side of the car
Norms recessed grilles
custom painted grills Mercedes black
Norms one off center exhaust rear valence, Mercedes black with realistic flames.
Dual outlets are mounted to custom water jet punisher cutout that is LED illuminated
Dual LED wheel lights
custom painted backup lights that show black with flaming punisher logo when off and read The Punisher when on.
Custom painted lug nuts
Punisher edition valve caps (red)
Custom door sills that are animated PunisheR with LED light strips
Custom printed flaming punisher skull mounted to the underside of the hood
Red/blue strobe lights that mount through the buttress latches in the trunk for shows
Red/Blue strobe light mounted in the engine bay
Bright white strobe (always on for shows) that lights up the engine bay
JPM custom shift knob (Armor Branch logo)
Custom painted Solo exhaust outlets, powder coated gloss black mounted to the custom made dual exhaust
Custom printed black nylon positive post cover for under hood fuse block
Custom printed Pontiac logos applied to the valve covers and the custom made radiator dress panel
custom printed and fabricated beauty panels with machine turned look (spirit of st louis cowel) with punisher heads
Custom printed hood alignment rubber with punisher skill included
custom printed / cut Punisher V8 covers for front side marker lights
Custom painted turn/fog lights. Black punisher skull that is back lit YELLOW on command
Custom painted badges
Custom painted third brake light PunisheR
OPAL GT short antenna
Custom painted headlights - Punisher Red trim
Custom painted wheel center caps black with flaming punisher skull
Custom printed illuminated inserts for the side skirt vents (punisher skull that flashes)
On board battery tender for main and security batteries
Ground pigtail for show battery tender
Automated, remote control switching system to control show lights
Trunk buttress latch bezels custom painted, one Punisher Red, one set mercedes black.
Billet custom painted buttress blugs. One pair red with black punisher, one black with red punisher
Billed custom painted covers for engine bay. Mercedes black with flaming punisher logo
Custom painted power steering reservoir with punisher logo on both sides
Custom painted intake manifold cover black with realistic flames
Pontiac Eight logo custom printed and mounted to valve covers

There are more mods in work but not yet on the car.

Let me know if I forgot anything.

Registered
[/QUOTE]
I did not realize this had turned into a brag my ride thread.

I thought it was trying to help this guy out.

But I guess these things take on a life of their own
My favorite mods . ..

There are more mods in work but not yet on the car.

Let me know if I forgot anything.
LOL so you couldn't resist joining in on the bragfest. As a lot of threads on this forum are simply seeing who has the biggest dick!

Premium Member
LOL
Since my cancer treatment I am not among them. But it turned into a memory test. :)

Premium Member
Call me old fashioned but I wouldn't mess with beautiful lines of the Solstice exterior anymore than I'd mess with a classic jag or healey
Mostly i agree kentlarue, and beauty is always in the eye, etc..
However back when i had my first GXP and i had just missed the opportunity on the aftershock recessed grills it was always the one thing I truly wanted. When life changed and i was able to get back into the solstice game, and read on this forum that Norm had released his own set, that closed the deal for me and i set about buying my second Sol.
If only there was a way to make the fog light grills recess or at least a GXP-R foglight grill reproduction, i would consider the front end as good as you can get.
The splitter is a looks changer, either you like it or you dont but the recessed grills (for me) really harken back to the glory muscle car days and add a visual depth to the front end that manages to maintain the orignal look and still improve upon it.
This thread being about favorite aesthetic mods, by nature it is going to be as subjective as they come and your opinion is as valid as anyone else鈥檚 of course!

Registered
2008 Pontiac Solstice GXP
@HHGadget

You have Norms ear because of the hardtop. You should ask him about the GXP-R fog light bezels. They should be easy for him to reproduce and it is something new so he might be interested in making them.

Reactions: HHGadget

Premium Member
I agree with others who have said that the recessed grills are the best mod out there. To me the front should have been designed that way from the start.

Reactions: MFA

Premium Member
2009 Pontiac Solstice GXP Coupe 001136
[鈥 a lot of threads on this forum are simply seeing who has the biggest dick!
[/QUOTE]

Biggest engine
Loudest exhaust
etc.

21 - 40 of 41 Posts