Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 20 of 131 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First Song in the Solstice

I was wondering what will be the first song or music you will play in your brand new Solstice (except for the radio).

My choices for now are:
Ride of the Valkyries by Wagner
Oh Happy Day
Blowin' in the wind

If it rains, then it will be "Who'll Stop the Rain?".

My music preferences are more on the hard rock side with the sterio on high, but my 6 year old son will probably be in the car with me and I have to be careful what to play.

·
Registered
905 Posts
Probably Metallica's "Fuel"

·
Registered
2,153 Posts
Maybe Rush's "Red Barchetta" (even though I'm getting mine in blue)

Hmmm... now you got me thinking. Gonna have to burn a special roadster CD or two!

·
Registered
338 Posts
2KWK4U said:
Maybe Rush's "Red Barchetta" (even though I'm getting mine in blue)

Hmmm... now you got me thinking. Gonna have to burn a special roadster CD or two!
Just DON'T put "Dead Man's Curve," on it.

·
Premium Member
5,691 Posts
Back in the day when cassette was king we used to test the quality of hi-fi and stereo equipment with Blood Sweat & Tears. BTO would be a good choice as well. And for our Canadian listeners, what better than American Woman by the Guess Who. Guess who's on the radio as I type, no really guess who.

·
Registered
670 Posts
Music!

WAR! :yesnod:

·
Registered
284 Posts
Luc said:
If it rains, then it will be "Who'll Stop the Rain?".
Mine would be "Rain drops keep falling on my head" lol

I've been thinking about this as well. Not sure what will be the first thing I listen to... I'll give it some more thought and then I'll post my real answer.

·
Registered
2,153 Posts
OK, here's my playlist off the top of my head so far:

1) Bob Seger's "Turn the Page" (or maybe the Metallica re-make)
2) Gotta agree w/ Adrenaline... Fuel
3) Red Barchetta
4) Golden Earring's "Radar Love" (or possibly the White Lion re-make)
5) Sammy Hagar's "I Can't Drive 55"
6) The Eagles' "Take it Easy" or "Desperado" or the live version of "Hotel California" from Hell Freezes Over

... aw the heck with making a CD. Gonna have to go with Hell Freezes Over. My wife got me into the Eagles, and this car is going to be all about recapturing the early years of our marriage... before kids

OK, partially about recapturing the early years :devil:

·
5,641 Posts
achieftain said:
Back in the day when cassette was king we used to test the quality of hi-fi and stereo equipment with Blood Sweat & Tears. BTO would be a good choice as well. And for our Canadian listeners, what better than American Woman by the Guess Who. Guess who's on the radio as I type, no really guess who.
We used to use Supertramp's song "School" on "Crime of the Centruy" when we bought our systems in college.

Songs to put on my driving tape: Who's "Going Mobile" from "Who's next", Poucette-Dart Band "County Line" from "Amnesia", and Jackson Browne's "Running on Empty" would be there. And I will counter program my rain song, Eric Clapton's "Let it Rain".

·
Mod Emeritus
7,468 Posts
You all better hope that the dealer has the radio turned off when you take delivery! You'd hate to get in, fire the car up, and instead of having your choice blaring through the speakers, something like "Highway to Hell" was on! :glol: (not that its a bad song, but maybe not the best karma for a new car!) ;)

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
simmonsmb said:
Mine would be "Rain drops keep falling on my head" lol

I've been thinking about this as well. Not sure what will be the first thing I listen to... I'll give it some more thought and then I'll post my real answer.
Well, as long as it's not "It's Raining Men". :lol:

·
Registered
3,512 Posts
I think for the maiden cruise I'll go with some Jimmy Buffett.

"Ragtop Day"
"Pascagoula Run"

My first trip down the Jersey Shore will have to be Sprinsteen, Jimmy Buffett and the Beach Boys.

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
Small Dealer said:
We used to use Supertramp's song "School" on "Crime of the Centruy" when we bought our systems in college.
Supertramp is a real classic! I recently down loaded greatest hits and to my disapointment, "School" wasn't on it! Anyway, mine will be anything my Van Halen.

·
Premium Member
5,691 Posts
greener said:
I'm thinking anything by Pink Floyd. Something from Dark Side of the Moon, perhaps?
Too slow!
Grand Funk "Celebrate"
Have to agree with "Radar Love"
Anything from Traffic (of course)
Wrong brand but "Hot Rod Lincoln" by Cmdr Cody and the Lost Planet Airmen will get your juices goin'.

And to top it off: The Boss "Born to Run"

1 - 20 of 131 Posts