Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I thought since we have a little information on the solstice it might be fun to say what our ideal configuration of the solstice might be. This can be as tame or as wild as you want it to be, and you can include options that you either would put in or hope the factory will eventually make.

For example my configuration

Color: firengine red with 2 black racing stripes

Engine: supercharged 2.2 liter ecotech producing 240 hp and 240 #tq (please please please)

Options:
Power windows/locks
cruise
ac
cd/mp3 player
6 speed manual
working top ;)
2 tone tan interior and I am not sure if i want cloth or leather seats (they tend to get hot in the sun)

As of right now that is the car that I want. Like I said you can option this out any way that you want so if you want a v8 in there say it or if you are happy with the 2.4 choose that as your engine, or if you plan on making a custon hardtop for the car or plan to drop it another inch lets hear it.

·
Registered
2,961 Posts
7-speed paddle shift
8.0L V-16 @ 1000bhp
Hydrolic hood lift system
Hand-woven silk carpeting
retractable hard top
0-60: 3.2 seconds
Some sweet color-changing finish
air conditioning
gas door on the passenger side
18 inch chrome rims
the 3-spoke prototype steering wheel
dual exhaust
A very nice sound system

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Fortimir said:
7-speed paddle shift
8.0L V-16 @ 1000bhp
retractable hard top
air conditioning
18 inch chrome rims
dual exhaust
A very nice sound system

:lol: :glol:

·
Registered
218 Posts
Also leaning towards black but would like to see a blue one with all options except XM.

I hope this 2PM website ordering thing doesn't turn into a fiasco with dealers being unable to log in and submit their orders.

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
hyzer said:
I hope this 2PM website ordering thing doesn't turn into a fiasco with dealers being unable to log in and submit their orders.
It will be like ticketmaster when concert tickets go on sale :lol:

·
Registered
218 Posts
mceb said:
It will be like ticketmaster when concert tickets go on sale :lol:
Yeah, that was what i was envisioning. :willy:

I hope it's like you were told and WE get to put the orders in. With my luck, my dealer probably likes to take a late lunch.

·
5,600 Posts
Fortimir said:
7-speed paddle shift
8.0L V-16 @ 1000bhp
retractable hard top
air conditioning
18 inch chrome rims
dual exhaust
A very nice sound system
Almost perfect! Now add 40+ MPG, and Denise Richards the passenger seat, and I'M THERE! :thumbs:

On a serious note, keep the 1000HP motor and just give me a 5 CF trunk.

·
Registered
2,961 Posts
jimbo said:
Almost perfect! Now add 40+ MPG, and Denise Richards the passenger seat, and I'M THERE! :thumbs:

I thought about mentioning a girl in the passenger seat, but I wanted to keep the weight down and have room for a cooler.

·
Mod Emeritus
7,468 Posts
I deal Solstice. About 240 HP out of whatever engine gets me that power. F/I 4. 6 banger. Whatever, I'll take it. I'll take power options (windows, locks) and air conditioning, but they can keep XM and OnStar. Paint it red, and I'll be happy! :cool:

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
My ideal would be looking as it is, but with a usable trunk, simple top, supercharged and in orange or that copper red on the MX5.

·
Registered
66 Posts
I propose the following setup for my ideal Sol.

Any color but red or white.

CONVENIENCE PACKAGE:
(Cruise and DIC)

AC

ABS

Limited slip

I would like to install a car pc to run GPS and OBDII, but finding a stash the PC and mount the screen might be a problem. Check these out:

http://www.logicsupply.com/default.php/cPath/50

http://mp3car.com/

http://www.autotap.com/

I'll probably yank the passenger seat too. No one likes my driving anyway, and it has become a tradition with me to take out half the seats in my car. I've probably saved hundreds of dollars over the years not having to drive other people to lunch. This also solves the trunk space problem.

·
Premium Member
5,691 Posts
jimbo said:

Available! But until they decide who gets the current kid and the one in the oven you better rethink passenger capacity. :devil:

·
Premium Member
8,901 Posts
A yellow Solstice with LSD, AC, 6-disc CD changer + radio upgrade. That's all I want. Looks like I wont be getting my yellow anymore though.

Of course I want some sort of Solstice GXP with ~250HP from some sort of boosted i4 engine.

·
5,600 Posts
Here is my ideal Solstice:

If you mean "design your own Solstice", then:

2.8L NA V6 with 225 HP and 225ft-lbs TQ
5-speed short throw shifter
lightweight 17" wheels with P225x50s
69" wide
5 CF trunk
LSD, ABS and traction control
lower beltline and lower door you can throw an arm over
Ferrari RED with tan leather interior
and weighing 2400 lbs

If you mean, how do you want to order your Solstice?

FWIW, I'll probably get all options but upgraded stereo, XM and OnStar. I hope Traction Control is available but I don't see anything indicting it will be. Leather is turning out to be one mother of a difficult decision. My ego really wants it. A sports car just has to have leather in it! Yet I know I would enjoy the comfort of cloth much better. What to do, what to do....

Also struggling with whether to go FI or not. Again, Ego wants AMPAHP (as much power as humanly possible). Wallet says, keep it simple and affordable (gas and insurance go way up with HP). What to do, what to do....

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
I have said this before on some other thread but heres mine idea (and the reasoning behind it)

3.5 to 4.0L DOHC 24V all aluminum V-6 (Maintains closer to center front to rear weight bias, and is lower in height than an inline 4 banger, I think Cadillac has one that Pontiac can burrow)

6 speed (electric in-the-steering wheel shift would be cool, but too exspensive, and takes away from the fun of a clutch and short throw shifter)

Dry sump oil system with electric 3 stage pump (allows larger oil volume with in frame storage, fewwr oil changes, and since no oil pan, lowering of the engine height)

Fuel cell molded between, within, or along frame (more trunk space, lower center of gravity)

Otherwise, I would leave the Sol as is. After experiencing what a lower center of gravity does for my V-Rod, it would work wonders for handling in any sports car.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts