Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have a good road trip planned? I plan on going to Niagra Falls on a nice warm day to have that cool mist and water roar envelope my Solstice. I have not been there in quite some time, I do remember going when I was younger in my Fiero, I did love that car! I mean with my wife in tow, I am not sure if there will be room to pack any clothes. I guess a stick of deodorant and a shirt will have to do.

·
Premium Member
3,198 Posts
Anyone have a good road trip planned? I plan on going to Niagra Falls on a nice warm day to have that cool mist and water roar envelope my Solstice. I have not been there in quite some time, I do remember going when I was younger in my Fiero, I did love that car! I mean with my wife in tow, I am not sure if there will be room to pack any clothes. I guess a stick of deodorant and a shirt will have to do.
Your in the GTA are you not? Here are two....
Sat May 4th Collingwood / Georgian Bay run - should be a minimum of 10 cars
Sat Aug 10th Annual Niagara Run....details will be posted soon. Usually 30 plus cars.

Go to SSOOO (Solstice Sky Owners of Ontario) on this forum and you will see lots of past and future stuff!:thumbs:

·
Registered
731 Posts
I'm going to the NASSM in June. Will be staying one night in CloudCroft NM. I use to live there back in 1986. Going to see if our old house is still there. Then the next day I'm off to flagstaff for 5 days.

·
Premium Member
404 Posts
Well, I'm not taking a trip in the summer; it is tomorrow.

I'm heading down from Virginia to Florida for a job interview. It's a small raise, a considerable promotion, and a more advanced institution. It's about 900 miles one way. I plan to do it down and back in five days. I've had the car since August 2012 and have never taken it more than 100 miles or so out of town. I ordered a set of those Solstice bags from Roadtrip Luggage for $99.00 shipped. I can confirm they fit more than enough clothing and accessories for five days. That includes a two piece suit with accessories and some dress shoes.

Another good place to store stuff if you are travelling alone is behind the passenger seat. There's a lot of room back there! Move it up a little, roll the seat adjustment forward, slip what you want back there. I have my laptop bag with the laptop in it, and a decent sized backpack on top of that. Roll the seat back adjustment back towards the cabin rear, and you'll still have some access from the driver's side seat. That still leaves a ton of room on the passenger side cabin floor. Two small lunchbox type coolers, one for drinks, one for sandwiches and snacks and I'm gone. This is all with the top down. I'm leaving Wednesday(3-20-13) morning. As soon as I hit the North Carolina line, that ugly front plate holder comes off!:thumbs:

·
Premium Member
699 Posts
What a GREAT trip, omw! Good luck with the job interview. Be careful, enjoy the ride, drop that top and lose that front plate!!! :cool:

·
Premium Member
699 Posts
Yeah, but where am I going to put it? :willy:
I would put it in the little pocket in the front of the seat, near the floor. But first I would wrap it in a paper towel or Walmart bag or something. Or just move to Florida and toss the thing! :lol:

·
Super Moderator
16,388 Posts
We are doing several Club events this summer. 3-4 day weekend trips to Albuquerque - Santé Fe, Grand Junction and environs, Needles Highway in South Dakota, the Nationals, and Estes Park – Rocky Mountain National Park.

We generally have 2 day trips and one dinner cruise each month in the summer.
:thumbs:

·
Premium Member
2,319 Posts
This May, my bride and I will head up to Little Switzerland in NC. Great place to stay and use as a base for travelling the BR Pkwy. It has direct access off the Pkwy. GREAT Friday night Prime Rib buffet, too. Stay a couple of days, run down to Dillsboro and haunt the artsy/crafty shops, do some lunch. Good twisties everywhere.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Two weeks from now I'll be heading to the Back of the Dragon, Little Switzerland and Tail of the Dragon with my buddy and his S2000 club for their annual meet.

We'll be going back by ourselves something in late August.
Bob

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
This May, my bride and I will head up to Little Switzerland in NC. Great place to stay and use as a base for travelling the BR Pkwy. It has direct access off the Pkwy. GREAT Friday night Prime Rib buffet, too. Stay a couple of days, run down to Dillsboro and haunt the artsy/crafty shops, do some lunch. Good twisties everywhere.
SchoeneGruene, here's some nice muzie for your KleineSchweitz trip:

We're doing NY Fingerlakes Riesling region tour and 6 Hours Grand AM at the Glen like every year with the Solstice. The question still remains, who to route for with Pontiac out of the game?

·
Premium Member
2,319 Posts
SchoeneGruene, here's some nice muzie for your KleineSchweitz trip: Oesch's die Dritten - Jodeltime - YouTube

We're doing NY Fingerlakes Riesling region tour and 6 Hours Grand AM at the Glen like every year with the Solstice. The question still remains, who to route for with Pontiac out of the game?
May I say, and pardon my German, vas GUT, Ya. Ya! Never seen better yodelling nor a better looking yodel-her! Thanks for the good wishes.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts