Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thank god cause that huge C6 steering wheel was hideous. Although for a car expected to be 75K it looks too plain to me.

 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
8,901 Posts
Now only if we could get some Corvette tech in our car, like the HUD of course :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,844 Posts
But notice the rim is different. I'd prefer it if it didn't have those 10 and 2 bumps, but was just like the Z06's.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Speaking of HUD did you read the article on it on autoweek a few weeks ago? Lutz wanted to get rid of it on the C6 saying it was too costly. Too me that would be pretty stupid given it's one of the features that make the car stand out against other cars in that range. I'm just glad the solstice doesn't have leaf springs in the suspension.

Here's the HUD article.

http://www.autoweek.com/news.cms?newsId=101473
 

·
Senior Member
Joined
·
5,600 Posts
I like the Corvette steering wheel better, without the 10 and 2 bolsters. I sure which Pontiac would give up on those darn things. I DONT need them and they only get in the way.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
5,206 Posts
jimbo said:
I like the Corvette steering wheel better, without the 10 and 2 bolsters. I sure which Pontiac would give up on those darn things. I DONT need them and they only get in the way.
[sarcasm]But those bumps are a "PONTIAC BRAND FEATURE"!!![/sarcasm]
 

·
Mod Emeritus
Joined
·
7,468 Posts
The Corvette traditionally showcases a lot of GM's new technology, and now Lutz thinks the HUD is too expensive for it? Its one of the really nice features of the car! I'd love to see it in the Solstice, but if its too pricey for a Vette I doubt we will be seing it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
391 Posts
I like the hand grips/bumps on the steering wheel. They realy help out on long trips. The larger diamiter is more comfortable. They are not at all in the way for me, but then my hands are so big I have to buy costom gloves because no one stocks them big enough :nonod I hate the small diamiter steering wheel rim profile of most cars.
 

·
Mod Emeritus
Joined
·
7,468 Posts
I like the Solstice wheel with the fat grips! However, having a smaller diameter wheel is more important to me. I think it makes the car feel a little more responsive. My Jeep has a rather large wheel, and it drives me nuts after driving my Fiero which has a small wheel by comparison. I feel like I am piloting a bus!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hmm it seems every car is getting this new wheel. The G6 couple has it and the pontiac torrent has it. Also the HHR or whatever its called. It is the best looking wheel they've made in a long time. Thank god those bulky airbag days are gone.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,961 Posts
Enthusiast said:
There is really a problem when you are nitpicking a steering wheel.
This thread is almost a year and a half old.

These comments were made before you could even place deposits on the car, and there was little to talk about here, so everything remotely solstice related was discussed.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
275 Posts
Speaking of HUD did you read the article on it on autoweek a few weeks ago? Lutz wanted to get rid of it on the C6 saying it was too costly. Too me that would be pretty stupid given it's one of the features that make the car stand out against other cars in that range.
It might become reasonable in cost if Delphi is able to jettison those
extortionary UAW labor contracts. $27.50 an hour plus fringe benefits. For unskilled labor. Compliments of the Wagner Act, a license to steal and screw the consumer for the past 60 years. Where are those class action lawsuits when you need them.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,961 Posts
My father has an '03 Z06 with the HUD, and he NEVER uses it.

I am like "you have a feature that many people desire very much and you don't use it." He's like "I don't need to see how fast I'm going."
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3 Posts
Fortimir said:
This thread is almost a year and a half old.

These comments were made before you could even place deposits on the car, and there was little to talk about here, so everything remotely solstice related was discussed.

Yeah it was, I see that now haha. I stumbled across this forum while doing a random google search and didn't even look at the date. I feel like a pretty big idiot now though. From what I can tell you guys have a pretty neat platform to work with though, especially if the boosted models make it to production. There is always potential for easy power on a factory turbo car as I am sure most of you know.

I don't have a solstice btw, but I have a C5 Z06.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,961 Posts
Enthusiast said:
Yeah it was, I see that now haha. I stumbled across this forum while doing a random google search and didn't even look at the date. I feel like a pretty big idiot now though. From what I can tell you guys have a pretty neat platform to work with though, especially if the boosted models make it to production. There is always potential for easy power on a factory turbo car as I am sure most of you know.

I don't have a solstice btw, but I have a C5 Z06.
Orders are being taken for the GXP (turbo 260hp) models now. They are ready for production. Corvettes and Solstices are like father and son, because they are the only two production cars utilizing a hydroformed platform.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3 Posts
Fortimir said:
My father has an '03 Z06 with the HUD, and he NEVER uses it.

I am like "you have a feature that many people desire very much and you don't use it." He's like "I don't need to see how fast I'm going."

Honestly I haven't touched mine since the day I got the car. It is a neat feature but it honestly distracts me, I would rather see the road.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
102 Posts
I use my HUD in my C5 Z06 for two occasions - it is EXTREMELY useful for TSD rallies (configure for MPH only), and is nice on the track (configure for the hockey stick tach).
 
1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Top