Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Read so much about Zaino, I orderedand rec'd a tone of product and the car isnt even here yet. But wait there is more, as my dealer told me I should use Liquid Glass instead. Anyone KNOW which is best??

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
i did the zaino thang.....just received my two boxes 2 days ago...all i need is a Solstice.

·
Premium Member
177 Posts
I've used liquid glass since 1980 and have used it on my white 1986 Monti Carlo SS that I bought new and still own. The paint is still in great shape.

Takes off oxidation and cleans even road tar off of the white paint.(no mud flapps on the Monti)

This stuff goes on easy and coats biuld just like Zaino. Its a polymer just like Zaino and sells at Consumer Auto Parts (CAP) for around $15.

Just did my wifes new black Saab 93 and it just makes the black look darker and deaper. I also do the windshield with it and the rain just rolls off and it holds up.

Its what I plan on using.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Just bought my wife a new car. I used my newly acquired Zaino (still waiting for my Sol just like everyone else). I figured I would use her car as a guinea pig. Zaino is by far the best product I have ever used. It went on easy and buffed off with minimal effort.

The only thing I can't speak to is how long I can go between applications ( Zaino states something like 4 to 6 months).

·
Registered
33 Posts
My husband has a 1967 Jaguar 420G. The car had been garage kept but not touched for 20 years. He used Zaino on it about two months ago. The paint looks immaculate now. I wouldn't use anything else after seeing how it worked!!!!

·
Registered
819 Posts

·
Registered
533 Posts
If you check the detailing forums, I think you will see a lot more detailers recommending Zaino and Klasse than Liquid Glass. In one comparison test (the Guru Wax Report), both of those products lasted longer than Liquid Glass.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Zaino Wins

This feedback is what I'm talkin about! Thanks all! Now
I don't regret spending the $170 before my car even arrived! I really want to protect the car as the South FL sun can really beat the heck out of a car.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Zaino

I will be putting Zaino on my Sol this weekend. My friends S2K looks brand new and he has used nothing but Zaino on it. The more coats you put on the better if looks. Oh yea, his car is MY02.

·
Registered
533 Posts
64GTO said:
.... The more coats you put on the better if looks. .
There is a fellow on one of the 350Z forums who has put over 50 layers on his car. There's probably a point of diminishing returns and I'm sure he'll be the first to find it if he hasn't already.

·
Mod Emeritus
7,468 Posts
I've never used Zaino myself, but it definately seems to have a large following all over the net. They must be doing something right. It must be worth a try, and I think I may get some and test it out next time I wax one of my cars. :thumbs:

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
I know I'm going to go against the grain but here I go anyway. First of all let me say I'm a professional Detailer by Trade. This is just my professional opinion. Zaino is not a bad product, its just expensive and people have told me it's complicated to use. (z-1 z-2 z-3 z-4 z-5 z-6 z-7 z-8 z-9) In addition from what I understand they sell an additive for their sealant. I think its called ZFX?? or something. I deal with chemists every day and every one of them has told me the additive is a marketing ploy. Additives in sealants are already added when the product is bottled. Example someone used was Klasse, a quality sealant, no need to purchase another product to activate. In conclusion so I don't rattle anyone, if you are happy with what you are using (and ok with the price) continue to use it. Gary

·
Registered
542 Posts
First...I've got to change my screen name...from Wannasolstice2 to gottasolstice2!!!

Has anyone received an interior/exterior protection package with their Solstice...the reason I ask is that mine came with one...and I am ok with that...I was going to Zaino my car this weekend however after discussing with my dealer about the rubber and vinyl dressing they used on my wheels when I picked up the car, I mentioned putting Zaino on my car. I was told not to...that my car was applied with a clear coat protection and that Zaino would not be good for it, essentially, that I would not have to wax my car for five years!!!

Anyone know of anything like this?

By the way, the rubber and vinyle dressing used was a product called Elite, from a company in perrysburg, Ohio. My wheels have never looked that wet and shiney.

·
2,574 Posts
wannasolstice2 said:
First...I've got to change my screen name...from Wannasolstice2 to gottasolstice2!!!

Has anyone received an interior/exterior protection package with their Solstice...the reason I ask is that mine came with one...and I am ok with that...I was going to Zaino my car this weekend however after discussing with my dealer about the rubber and vinyl dressing they used on my wheels when I picked up the car, I mentioned putting Zaino on my car. I was told not to...that my car was applied with a clear coat protection and that Zaino would not be good for it, essentially, that I would not have to wax my car for five years!!!

Anyone know of anything like this?

By the way, the rubber and vinyle dressing used was a product called Elite, from a company in perrysburg, Ohio. My wheels have never looked that wet and shiney.
Can you see if you can get more info, Wanna? Curious now if it's the dealer or what? Thanks

1 - 20 of 47 Posts