Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I called Sal at Zaino this morning and I am happy to report that he is willing to work with us in determining the best possible application of his product. Since there are multiple steps involved, I would like to have some kind of time frame and/or game plan ahead of time.

Yesterday, I stopped at the dealer and asked them to NOT wax the car upin delivery so I can bring it right to a shop and have it done.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Body Coating/Protection

Is this some sort of super duper coating that will be superior to wax? Also, what is the best way to treat the poly light casings over the headlights. They really get bad in the sun after about a year in Florida. Any suggestions??

·
Registered
667 Posts
bcbriggs said:
... Also, what is the best way to treat the poly light casings over the headlights. They really get bad in the sun after about a year in Florida. Any suggestions??
Try a product called Plexus (A plastic cleaner/ protectant and polish). It can be found at most motorcycle dealers. It does a great job on sportbike windshields.

·
Registered
281 Posts
Excelsior said:
...Yesterday, I stopped at the dealer and asked them to NOT wax the car upin delivery so I can bring it right to a shop and have it done.
Hey, don't ask nicely, you've got to DEMAND that they not touch or apply junk on your car. Don't trust the dealership to do anything right, from the service department to the salesmen. You've got to check up on them and ride them if you want your car the way you want it.

I took one of my Chevys in for servicing under warranty once. The car wasn't spotless, so I told them, "Do NOT wash the car, please." They didn't wash the car, but somebody sprayed tire dressing that ran onto the aluminum wheels and RUINED the black anodized centers and polished lip.

I was about ready to KILL, because I had paid over a thousand dollars to get the wheels straightened and refinished only months before. That was just to fix them! To buy them, used off of eBay, cost $3000 for wheels and tires. So you can see why I was pissed.

Freakin' Bleche White says on the instructions, DO NOT SPRAY ON ALUMINUM WHEELS. @#$%^@#! To be fair, the dealership covered the cost of refinishing the wheels, but just damn...don't trust anybody!

·
Registered
228 Posts
If zaino can be advertised is there any reason why say a person like myself who works for a family business with 50 years of history couldnt advertise? Same market.... Located in florida too :yesnod:

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
This was not an ad per say, but a response to someone inquiring about this finish about a week ago. And I have found it quite difficult to find anything on the internet that anyone has said negatively about this product.

For those that would like to use this product, I will be more than happy to figure everything out with Sal for the best outcome for our particular cars.

For me personally, I have seen and even heard of this product before, but never really looked into it. I am impressed and even more so from asking around to some locals.

This company does not "advertise" in order to keep that otherwise spent money into product developement. And in my opinion has done a damn good job so far.

I might even apply this to my enamel paint to see how well it actually works in comparison to Carnuba/Meguiars, which I still love to this day.

·
Registered
350 Posts
I just bought a zaino set. I have read so many good things about them. Except the usual complaint is that it takes so long and so much work to use. Those reviews might be coming from people who like to use a no buff wax. Thats not me though. I take joy in really making the car look good.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Ok... Where to buy.

In fact, it might be a good thing that our forum owners attempt to get a group buy thing. I've seen them on other forums and it does save quite a bit of money.

Thoughts?

·
Registered
350 Posts
putrfixr said:
Ok... Where to buy.

In fact, it might be a good thing that our forum owners attempt to get a group buy thing. I've seen them on other forums and it does save quite a bit of money.

Thoughts?

You have to buy direct from them online. You can go to http://www.zainobros.com

I would join a group thing, but I just ordered all that I need. How would you go about getting it to everyone?

·
Registered
115 Posts
There are local distributors of Zaino...check your local car clubs. Our Vette club president is a distributor in Oklahoma City. Zaino is big with the Corvette crowd...you saw that vette pic posted earlier...Zaino on a black car...it looks like you could swim in it...miles deep!!

·
Registered
121 Posts
The group buys are pretty easy to setup. We (as a collective group) get one person to speak for the group. That person goes to the Zaino dealer and sets up a specific price per order - the more orders, the better the price.

For example: If a normal order costs $10.99. The dealer could set it up like this:

1-20 orders - $9.99
21-50 orders - $8.99
50-200 orders - $7.00
200+ orders - $6.00 and free shipping.

Now, mind you, these are ficticous numbers, but you should get the picture.

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
SolsticeDesire said:
I just bought a zaino set. I have read so many good things about them. Except the usual complaint is that it takes so long and so much work to use. Those reviews might be coming from people who like to use a no buff wax. Thats not me though. I take joy in really making the car look good.
The only long time about it is the 6 hour wait between two different coats. The FAQ at the company web page goes through multiple steps in how to apply the stages of the product.

·
Registered
101 Posts
This is outstanding information. Can't wait for labor of love. Interested to know if someone is going ot work out a deal. If so, I'm in.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts