Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
4,135 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
:party: :party:

To all those zero zippers and FM"S,I got a e-mail from Cricket, I finally went to code 3400 (Broadcast) on 8/29. Cricket said they should be making my car any day now. Can't wait! Maybe I'll have my car by the middle of September. :willy: :willy: :willy:

Anybody else get any good info on event codes?If not it's comming finally!!

Zero/zipper Ct.

·
Premium Member
4,041 Posts
Deluke,
Don't pop the cork yet. There seems to be a delivery problem which is still holding up the celebrations. Hopefully yours is being manufactured AFTER the problem has been addressed and resolved as compared to after prodction is complete and the car is ready to ship.

·
Registered
4,135 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ex-Miata Man said:
Deluke,
Don't pop the cork yet. There seems to be a delivery problem which is still holding up the celebrations. Hopefully yours is being manufactured AFTER the problem has been addressed and resolved as compared to after prodction is complete and the car is ready to ship.
My fingers are crossed!!

·
Registered
312 Posts
2year/24,000 mile extended warranty...Event Code 3400!

Mine has also gone to 3400 with 8/29/05.

I've heard the 1st1K guys have been at 3400 for a while.

If I get it before NOV, I will be surprised!

RadRiv
:lurk:

·
Registered
4,135 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
RADRIV said:
Mine has also gone to 3400 with 8/29/05.

I've heard the 1st1K guys have been at 3400 for a while.

If I get it before NOV, I will be surprised!

RadRiv
:lurk:
I have a funny feeling your going to see alot(most of the first 1000) of cars going out all at once, sept. 6th. I've been thinking that they were going to have mass delivery for quite awhile.I guess we'll see shortly.

·
Registered
3,512 Posts
Well, I'm a zero zipper, but according to cricket, I'm still at 3000. But you've got me hopeful that my status will change in the next week or two. I'm still placing odds on my car being built in September and delivered in October. :yesnod:

·
Registered
105 Posts
Thurseday update?

dengel said:
Well, I'm a zero zipper, but according to cricket, I'm still at 3000. But you've got me hopeful that my status will change in the next week or two. I'm still placing odds on my car being built in September and delivered in October. :yesnod:
Last week my zero zip order did not change. Maybe something today.
I believe Small Dealer said that Thurseday the dealers get an update.

·
Premium Member
177 Posts
Just talked to my dealer and My car is also a 3400.

ZZ Lunenburg MA.

·
Registered
105 Posts
just hung up the phone!

kenf said:
Just talked to my dealer and My car is also a 3400.

ZZ Lunenburg MA.
Just hung up the phone! ZZ in RI @ 3400 8/29/05!

·
Registered
4,135 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
zcellar said:
Just hung up the phone! ZZ in RI @ 3400 8/29/05!
Guess most of the zz are going 3400! Wouldn't it be nice if we get all those zz at the same time? The're all going to new England. Maybe same time as the first 1000, First 1000 in the morning ours in the afternoon. The wait is killing me!!! :grouphug:

ZZ in Ct.

·
Premium Member
177 Posts
Just got an email from Cricket and My Vin# is 1146. Called my dealer for complete Vin# and delivery details.

I am really excited now.

Cricket, Thanks again :)

·
Registered
3,512 Posts
kenf said:
Just got an email from Cricket and My Vin# is 1146. Called my dealer for complete Vin# and delivery details.

I am really excited now.

AHHHH!!!! Still no movement on my order. (Stuck at 3000). Why are the Solstice gods angry with me? :(

I vow to wait until Wednesday before I bug Cricket again.

Must... have... patience... :willy:

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
dengel said:
Why are the Solstice gods angry with me? :(
Must have been something in the water at our dealer. Maybe we pushed the "make ours last" button when we were entering the order :jester:

·
Premium Member
8,901 Posts
kenf said:

I am really excited now.

Looks like at least 75 ZZ/FM cars have been made from those VIN sequences alone compared to what Andrew Jackson's is.

Do you know what day your car was made kenf?

·
5,641 Posts
dengel said:
AHHHH!!!! Still no movement on my order. (Stuck at 3000). Why are the Solstice gods angry with me? :(

I vow to wait until Wednesday before I bug Cricket again.

Must... have... patience... :willy:

I may not have been following this as closely as I could have.

Haven't you recently posted that your dealership is receiving 2 (or was it 3) of the 1000 First 1000 Exclusive Retail Order Solstices?

If so, then wouldn't by definition your dealership not qualify for a Zero Zip order? The Zero Zip class, as explained to me, was to compensate enrolled dealerships that attempted to register a car but where in an area where the zip code starts with a zero, which wasn't processed properly by the system.

Do you have any of the event code dates from Cricket? If so, when was your order first "picked up" by Pontiac?

·
Registered
3,512 Posts
Small Dealer said:

Haven't you recently posted that your dealership is receiving 2 (or was it 3) of the 1000 First 1000 Exclusive Retail Order Solstices?

If so, then wouldn't by definition your dealership not qualify for a Zero Zip order? The Zero Zip class, as explained to me, was to compensate enrolled dealerships that attempted to register a car but where in an area where the zip code starts with a zero, which wasn't processed properly by the system.

Do you have any of the event code dates from Cricket? If so, when was your order first "picked up" by Pontiac?
My dealer did get end up getting 2 First 1000 orders through on April 15th. But I was there on April 15th, and the computer was throwing out my order (as well as others) repeatedly because of the Zero Zip Code error. For the two orders that made it through, I don't know if it was because the salesman did something different (like figured out to use a dummy Zip Code not starting with Zero) or if GM did something to resolve the problem mid-stream on the 15th.

But my dealer did notify me of the extra allocation car for dealers with Zero Zip Codes, and the fact that my order would be designated as this special allocation order. And I was able to confirm with GM today that my order is in fact designated as this special Zero Zip allocation order. So I guess GM did not base which dealers got the Zero Zip orders on whether or not they got any First 1Ks or not. Only on the fact that the regional zip codes started with zero. Which kind of makes sense, since maybe my dealer would have gotten more than 2 if the error didn't occur. Which I guess we'll never really know.

As far as codes go, the last time Cricket checked was on Thursday, 9/8, and my order was at 3000, as of 8/30. (I think I originally went 2500 back around 7/1.) I checked with Pontiac Customer Service today, and there is still no change from 3000. I try not to bug Cricket more than once a week, so I will probably call my dealer on Wednesday. If the dealer can't check my status (a regular problem, as "that guy" never seems to be in), then I'll have Cricket check again.

·
Registered
819 Posts
Small Dealer said:

I heard of at least one dealer that had a couple of First 1K and several ZZs that got rejected. One person mentioned that the ones that went through were Zip Codes outside the 0**** zip code.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts