Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hope my dealer got the news right but I just got back from vacation and had a message from last Thursday from my dealer. He said they were notified that my car was going into production the week of 8/29/05! :party:

I asked him if he was absolutely positive of this information and he assured me that he got this directly from Production (or whoever at Pontiac manages the production schedule).

I'm in New Jersey so I'm hoping that my delivery time will be shorter than most.

BTW, I ordered a SLY with all options (2 tone leather) except XM, Onstar & Smokers package.

If his info is right, all you fellow Zero Zippers should check with your dealers. Your probably being built with mine! :willy:

:cool:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,000 Posts
My prediction is correct....

The Mayor said:
Hope my dealer got the news right but I just got back from vacation and had a message from last Thursday from my dealer. He said they were notified that my car was going into production the week of 8/29/05! :party:

I asked him if he was absolutely positive of this information and he assured me that he got this directly from Production (or whoever at Pontiac manages the production schedule).

I'm in New Jersey so I'm hoping that my delivery time will be shorter than most.

BTW, I ordered a SLY with all options (2 tone leather) except XM, Onstar & Smokers package.

If his info is right, all you fellow Zero Zippers should check with your dealers. Your probably being built with mine! :willy:

:cool:
Sounds like my prediction is correct. 1st 1000 will be complete by Friday (other orders to follow....zero zip, free maintenance, etc.) :) ;) :leaving: :lol: :willy: :nopity:
 
B

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Congrats. That is really good to hear that they are getting to the Zero Zippers.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,487 Posts
Yep ... once we saw over 300 cars produced last week and then Linedog mentioned they had about 750 done as of Friday, it was pretty obvious they should finish the 1000 sometime this week ... probably sometime on Thursday. Glad to hear that nothing seems to have changed that.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,135 Posts
I just called pontiac support and gave them my new vom and they called down and said it was scheduled for production, but they didn't get the date when they called down ,they said to call my dealer. So I e-mailed Cricket instead, I get more info from Cricket they I do from my dealer.Hope it's this week like Mayor.
Can't wait untill I get my car.

zero/zip CT.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
5,849 Posts
Congrats, mayor. GM's right on target since they did say end of September, early October for the non-allocation cars.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,512 Posts
solli4me said:
Congrats, mayor. GM's right on target since they did say end of September, early October for the non-allocation cars.

Go Zero Zippers!!! Mayor, I'm happy for you. (And for me too, since I should be right behind you!) This fits in with what I have been figuring, based on the F1K progress. Time to start cleaning the garage.

Hopefully all us NJ Zero Zippers will be cruising through the country side in our Solstices in time to catch the fall leaves turning. ;)
 

·
Senior Member
Joined
·
5,641 Posts
Have seen a Zero Zip order go to Event Code #3400 Broadcast effective 8/29. (Of course it is the second trip to #3400) Don't know that week of 8/29 will be it, but could be next week.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
41 Posts
Free Maintenance?

I've been meaning to ask this for a while. Now that we are getting to them in production the question seems a little more relevant. I know all about the zero zippers, but what are the Free Maintenance cars? What does that mean? I'm sorry if this has been discussed already in the forum, but I haven't seen it anywhere before. I even ran a search for it. Thanks for your help.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
5,849 Posts
Thanks, SD. Do you know if there are any constraints yet?


Free mainentance was offered to people like myself who actually were a confirmed 1st 1000 order. However, due to a very poor cosmic joke, I was bumped out of the group. GM offered a non-allocated car to compensate for my loss.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,293 Posts
SOLCRAZY said:
I've been meaning to ask this for a while. Now that we are getting to them in production the question seems a little more relevant. I know all about the zero zippers, but what are the Free Maintenance cars? What does that mean? I'm sorry if this has been discussed already in the forum, but I haven't seen it anywhere before. I even ran a search for it. Thanks for your help.
I was Free Maintenance before moving up. There were about 30 of us that were caught up in the system hang and didn't get into the 1st 1000 but should have. As a consolation, Pontiac offered us first dibs post-1st 1000 and 24 months free maintenance.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,135 Posts
The Mayor said:
Hope my dealer got the news right but I just got back from vacation and had a message from last Thursday from my dealer. He said they were notified that my car was going into production the week of 8/29/05! :party:

I asked him if he was absolutely positive of this information and he assured me that he got this directly from Production (or whoever at Pontiac manages the production schedule).

I'm in New Jersey so I'm hoping that my delivery time will be shorter than most.

BTW, I ordered a SLY with all options (2 tone leather) except XM, Onstar & Smokers package.

If his info is right, all you fellow Zero Zippers should check with your dealers. Your probably being built with mine! :willy:

:cool:
The colors they are doing now are sly,cool,envious and aggressive so those will probably be the first zz and fm's. Just a thought. Hope thats not so I have mysterious.

Zero/zipper ct.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
511 Posts
deluke said:
The colors they are doing now are sly,cool,envious and aggressive so those will probably be the first zz and fm's. Just a thought. Hope thats not so I have mysterious.

Zero/zipper ct.
I hope it is so Mine is COOL
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
8,901 Posts
So many threads I can't remember if this was discovered or not. Do we know how many ZZ/FM cars there are needing to be built?
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
8,901 Posts
deluke said:
I believe 165
Oh, ok. That was much better then I expected. Hurry up and make them GM, I want my car now!!! :lol:
 
1 - 20 of 26 Posts
Top